Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It's official now. Say hello to the 2012 SLS AMG Roadster. The SLS Roadster will most likely keep the 6.2 liter engine, however expect a performance drop due to added weight and less structural rigidity. Since this car is competing with the Audi R8 and Gallardo convertible we predict the car will cost around $200K.

2012 SLS AMG Roadster Auto Debut

·
Registered
509 Posts
Without the doors now, and with just a little bit of the added overall performance....What makes this car any better than the normal AMG SL??

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
The only reason i was mildly interested in the SLS was the gullwing doors...without it seems like a hopeless try to keep the car alive.

Bring the SLR back!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Really? I was/am not a fan of the sls in general, but there is no way I would get this over an r8 or gallardo. I personally do not think it competes with those, rather, its competition now will be with the sl63/65. MB should just discontinue and move on- IMO.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I bet if he rolled up into valet with an SLS roadster, he'd get a girl or two to bat her eyes at him.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Without the gullwings the uniqueness is lost

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
the SLS was ugly before. The only thing that saves it is the gullwing doors

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yeah, at first glance, looking down on the car I saw Z8. That was my first reaction - then I saw the rest of the car...

·
Registered
583 Posts
i dont think i can say i like it... the gullwings defnitely add a major part to the uniqueness/overall persona of the SLS, imho i think the roadster just doesnt look as good either... :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts