Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Lamborghini’s brand new flagship the LP700-4 Aventador will have a similar production run as its predecessor. According to factory sources, the carbon fiber moulds that are used to construct the car’s monocoque can be used as many as 500 times before they have to be replaced. This means that a limited amount is accounted for by the Italians.

Read more!

·
Registered
7,806 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lamborghini claims that they produced 4,099 Murcielagos during
that car's 10-year production run. Yes, I'm saying "claims" since
the Audi financial reports actually only show 3,961 produced but
4,138 delivered. (I wonder what's going on there...)

Will they be able to sell 4000 Aventadors during that car's run?
Hopefully.

Is the first year of production going to see a few hundred cars?
Probably.

Is that first year sold out.
Hopefully.

We'll find out for sure in 3/6/9/12 months from now, when Audi's
reports come out.

:)

·
Registered
2,391 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
like any exotic vehicle made fresh off the production sills, of course there will always be a buyer, Doi. It's just a matter of time.

·
Registered
189 Posts
biased much?

yes its such a crappy car, who would buy it?
its just a much better bet buying a slower, safer "me too" ferrari.
Um, given that the Murcielago barely sold 4000 over 10 years, it's a fairly safe bet that this one will take quite some time as well. Especially considering that the economy is still recovering. Has nothing to do with Ferrari.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Um, given that the Murcielago barely sold 4000 over 10 years, it's a fairly safe bet that this one will take quite some time as well. Especially considering that the economy is still recovering. Has nothing to do with Ferrari.
some read a lot into things....you read too little into it.

what I wrote had more to do with the poster than the post.

and its 4000 for the total production run. not a single year. and now way in hell is it going to be the single year.

and since it's only comp (in america anyways) comes from ferrari....it has a lot to do with ferrari.

another thing.....never compare the climate of the economy and any car over 300k...hell even 100k. people who can afford these cars are smart enough not to let economy dictate their livelihood......hell its not even economical to buy a lambo in the first place.
my lp640 cost me more to run than my dads piper saratoga does.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
biased much?
Not at all man, I'm a huge fan of Audi+Lamborghini. I based our entire corporate strategy on their business model/branding and it worked really well for us. I'm also realistic, no chance are they overbooked on these 4000 units.

It'll take a very long time for them to sell all 4000, and that's a fact.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
another thing.....never compare the climate of the economy and any car over 300k...hell even 100k. people who can afford these cars are smart enough not to let economy dictate their livelihood......hell its not even economical to buy a lambo in the first place.
uhhh... ok..... This is simply not a factual statement, pure emotions here. So many luxury brands struggled to survive in 2008-2009, many just blew up. The luxury market was certainly not immune to the economic collapse, in fact it just changed their value statement profoundly. It had profound global implications.

·
Registered
819 Posts
big, I gotta disagree with you here.

I know many, not a few, but many mortgage guys who went out and bought brand-new Murcielagos when the economy was going crazy. All those cars got repoed within the past couple years.

The new money DGAF morons bought a lot of expensive shit, don't discount their importance to exotic/luxury car sales.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
big, I gotta disagree with you here.

I know many, not a few, but many mortgage guys who went out and bought brand-new Murcielagos when the economy was going crazy. All those cars got repoed within the past couple years.

The new money DGAF morons bought a lot of expensive shit, don't discount their importance to exotic/luxury car sales.
thats bad money management and not the whole economic climate in general....

these guys would be in the same boat regardless of how good or bad the economy is.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
uhhh... ok..... This is simply not a factual statement, pure emotions here. So many luxury brands struggled to survive in 2008-2009, many just blew up. The luxury market was certainly not immune to the economic collapse, in fact it just changed their value statement profoundly. It had profound global implications.
I agree with you to a point...but this is a blanket statement that you posted.

a bad economy and economic collapse are two different things. and has not affected the luxury car market...because guess who buys these cars...the mass wealthy...are the numbers of mills and billionaires in this country and in the world increasing or decreasing?

if what you said would affect companies such as lambo..then they would not have grown in sales of 15 percent from 2006-2008

not really that emotional. :wink:

·
Registered
189 Posts
some read a lot into things....you read too little into it.

what I wrote had more to do with the poster than the post.

and its 4000 for the total production run. not a single year. and now way in hell is it going to be the single year.

and since it's only comp (in america anyways) comes from ferrari....it has a lot to do with ferrari.

The climate of the economy does have a very profound effect on the exotic/high-end luxury car market. As other posters pointed out, sales of almost every exotic car brand dropped significantly back in 08/09 when the recession first hit. I remember the drop-off in Bentley sales was enormous, and I'm sure Lambo didn't fare too well either.

And yes, I know that the 4000 is for the entire production run, lol.

·
Registered
189 Posts

a bad economy and economic collapse are two different things. and has not affected the luxury car market...because guess who buys these cars...the mass wealthy...are the numbers of mills and billionaires in this country and in the world increasing or decreasing?

if what you said would affect companies such as lambo..then they would not have grown in sales of 15 percent from 2006-2008

Lambo's sales plunged in '09, though... along with most other brands'.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts

I do believe that growth was from the gallardo.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts