Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I had the new Grand Cherokee SRT8 for a couple days to video for WR. Really impressed with this package, SRT outdid themselves. Handling, acceleration (especially off the line), and braking are brutal...just as you'd hope they would be!

Enjoy the video, hopefully it gives an accurate representation of what it's like to drive. The POV action starts at around 2:14, I'd recommend headphones for the most realistic sound.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have always been a huge fan of the srt8 jeep. The new model is a huge improvement over the old IMO.

·
Registered
630 Posts
i like the new one better than the old one, i swear every kid that had the old one thought he was michael schumacher. I'm super insanely biased from being an x5m owner, and any competition for my baby makes me mad :p

·
Registered
625 Posts
Stop light to stop light, the SRT-8 JGC is a beast. I bought my girl one a couple years ago and she loves it but that's only because she doesn't have to pay for the gas.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
by the way, how'd you like the the SRT vs AMG? i know its a completely different price bracket but SUV to SUV howd you think the Jeep did?
The AMG is...well it's an AMG, it felt great, sounded incredible! BUT, the transmission was kind of a letdown. Paddle shifting was so slow to respond it was almost useless with all the power on tap. Honestly, the Jeep is so well rounded I'd rather choose it over the AMG for the money. They offer very similar thrills, with the jeep having that underdog charm. I like cars that out perform my expectations, too. The AMG was awesome, but the transmission wasn't always there for you, whereas the Jeep's gearbox was at least consistent and predictable.

We also did a comparison with the Jeep against the Porsche Cayenne, and I think it did pretty well in that too. New SRT8 kicks ass, but you probably already know that!

·
Registered
334 Posts
The AMG is...well it's an AMG, it felt great, sounded incredible! BUT, the transmission was kind of a letdown. Paddle shifting was so slow to respond it was almost useless with all the power on tap. Honestly, the Jeep is so well rounded I'd rather choose it over the AMG for the money. They offer very similar thrills, with the jeep having that underdog charm. I like cars that out perform my expectations, too. The AMG was awesome, but the transmission wasn't always there for you, whereas the Jeep's gearbox was at least consistent and predictable.

We also did a comparison with the Jeep against the Porsche Cayenne, and I think it did pretty well in that too. New SRT8 kicks ass, but you probably already know that!
yeah i love my jeep but the turbo and the M are just a lot more refined that being said i still would take the jeep...something about it an american suv that can hang with the big boys from Europe attracted me. the jeep is getting a 8 speed transmission in 2014 and rumors say a 6.2 supercharged engine will replace the 6.4 N/A. So i think on a performance level it will be up with the big boys.

·
Registered
20 Posts
when the new gen came out I read a lot about it being slower than the last gen. truth or just internet bs?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts