Luxury4Play.com banner

2012 Festivals of Speed - Tampa, FL (Exotic car heaven!!!)

7K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  Chris 
#1 · (Edited)
Last night was the private jet port reception for the Festivals of Speed! For anyone that follows automotive events, you may be very familiar with this show. It's definitely one of the top automotive events in the country and in short, it's absolutely insane. I arrived a few hours in advance to snap images of some of the cars that were arriving and primarily, to beat out the hundreds of individuals that would be attending later in the evening that make photographing that much more difficult.

Here's full event video coverage from the Festivals of Speed Jet Port Reception! :)

Keep up with all of my behind-the-scenes work at: www.facebook.com/ChrisGrosserPhotography

With that said, I'll let the images do the speaking:

Gotham Watches brought out some heavy hitting watches:

Side note, if you own a website / blog / Facebook fan page or anything equivalent and you would be interested in featuring my images, please contact me. I've already had a few people contact me in advance before I even took any images last night. With that said, message me!

Many more images to come as I finish editing them...

- Chris

See less See more
1 10
#13 ·
After 2 years of photographing that CCXR at various events, I finally met the owner yesterday!! With that said, I couldn't be happier. Even crazier, he knew exactly who I was because he had seen my photos before. I'm going to try and meet up with him and photograph his insane collection. He's got one heck of a collection to say the least.

#6 ·
The Jet Port Receptions are always fun. I've been a media photographer for all of the FOS events in the past but I'm choosing to sit them out from now on.

The parties are great, but the show has lost it's "pizzazz." I got tired of seeing BMW, Lexus, MBZ's entire model lineup along with Bentley and RR. It's become such a dealer showcase lately that it's gotten boring. Back in 2009/10 the show was in its prime, IMO of course.

Great photos as always, Chris!

#8 ·
I know how you feel. The last FOS event that I photographed was four years ago. I had a hell of a great time last night. It helps that a ton of my friends were out there.

At the end of the day, the event is a business and it's out to make money. It's great for them to have a whole fleet of dealer cars out there on display with their banners etc. The organizers get paid and they fill up space at the event while the dealers get to display their inventory at an awesome event with an insane amount of outrageously affluent individuals. It works out. Sometimes you have to take some time off and get away from all of the events to be able to enjoy them again, unfortunately. It only took me 3-4 years this time around!

- Chris

#17 ·
Come on Chris! At least a shout out to the T.A.C. for organizing that drive over to F.O.S. Haha! Great video, bud!

Reactions: Chris
#19 ·
That was definitely one of the craziest experiences of my life. I was only riding as a passenger trying to take some photos!!

Side note, loving your 370z in your photo above. I've got a 350z myself. I need to see your 370z sometime. I'd never seen or ridden in a turbo Z. I can't imagine the madness!! :)

#29 ·
In case you missed my previous post, here's the footage from Sunday morning's caravan to the event! I was fortunate enough to ride passenger in the SL again for what would be one of the craziest mornings that I've ever had:

I hope to be photographing this car here very shortly:

This was my ride last weekend! I need to drive this car one day, it's sheer madness:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.