Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Think I may have discovered part of the issue. The SoCal dealerships can not seem to keep good service techs....ours has been at Land Rover Mission Viejo for over two weeks now (on an estimated 6 hour repair) ... ever since we hit the boulder in Death Valley!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
LRMV comes through in time to "Off Rove" Joshua Tree!

I have to apologize for my irritation at LRMV...got Rover back Saturday morning ( with no out of pocket expense;) in time to make it out to Joshua Tree for some climbing and camping. I can not believe I am saying this but the dealer tires (GY Dura Trac) are so much better than the more aggressive SS M16's we had on it, no more rubbing the fender wells and we have the quiet highway ride back again!

Attachments

·
L4P Judge Jury & The Executioner
5,783 Posts
Shocking.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
never had a problem ONCE with my 07 sport supercharged. the only problem ive ever had was when a friend and i were fucking around with the off-roading settings and i accidently put it in down hill decent or whatever and it would brake the car while i was accelerating.. dont do that haha

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
never had a problem ONCE with my 07 sport supercharged. the only problem ive ever had was when a friend and i were fucking around with the off-roading settings and i accidently put it in down hill decent or whatever and it would brake the car while i was accelerating.. dont do that haha
LOL!!! DONE THAT!!! That button is in the WRONG place! Chrissy (dog) tends to step on it everytime we are on the 405 (80mph)!! :clap:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
haha i was in the IN-N-OUT drive threw playing with the raising and the lowering buttons and accidently turned it on and so i went to pull up to the window to pay and i accelerate and then all of a sudden julttt forward and im like WTF.. so i start to leave and it does it again and i spill my drink all over myself haha

·
Registered
282 Posts
LOL! Guess it does look paved in that pic, it is actuallly "paved" with boulders from rock slides You basically have to have an extended lift and rock crawler tires to make it to any of the old gold mines in that area (Death Valley, Ballaret) There are several old mines (OHV & 4x4 access roads) out there as well as some cool ghost towns but no cell coverage and even out satelite (SPOT) tracker was not responding. We would have have a long 50 miles hiking through Death Valley at night without that "limited access, limp home, mode" we were down on the bumpstops (think lo-rider) fther ramming the air compressor into a boulder almost as large as the truck! We did scrape up the tires on the wheel well but it got us into a cell coverage area and THATS what counted! Briggs was an old mine in the days of the original gold rushand thereare still mines, ghost towns and WILD BURROS all in the area!
I'm really not trying to be an ass, but I cannot help it. When the terrain is this tough and 99.99% of the population driving does not need this sort of ability. of the miles you will put on your Land Rover, what percent will be off road? Get a 4 wheeler or UTV. They are way more capable and cost a fraction. Scuffing a fender does not cost $3000 to fix.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I'm really not trying to be an ass, but I cannot help it. When the terrain is this tough and 99.99% of the population driving does not need this sort of ability. of the miles you will put on your Land Rover, what percent will be off road? Get a 4 wheeler or UTV. They are way more capable and cost a fraction. Scuffing a fender does not cost $3000 to fix.
It Is just a lifestyle sport and depends on the level of luxury you are accustomed to... the majority of our miles ARE offroad and you can not exactly put a rooftop tent, ladder, etc...on an ATV...LOL! Not to mention all the toys...laptops, netbooks, satellite, 2 way radios, pets, food, firewood, supplies, clothes, gas cans...etc...LOL! Most of our week long-two week trips would have really sucked on an ATV...How would we have refueled??? Rover Rondevous, Great Divide, G4 Challenge ...on an ATV:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:THATS a GOOD one! GO HARD OR GO HOME!!! BTW Horses are WAY more capable than an ATV or UTE...ROFLMAO!!!:whistle:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
We've had 5 of them since they came out and only had engine light problems with one of them. Latest is 2010 rr sc with about 2500 miles and problem free so far.....

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
That's my first LR. Wife wanted 1 for a while so I said why not.

Why not?!

We've had it for about 3-4 weeks and it's already f*cking up. I guess I must be among the unlucky ones with LRs reliability.

TFT screen blinks randomly (went even blank for a good 5 sec), check engine light comes on and off, sunroof hesitates to close, ... what's next?

I learned something today in this forum: a swiming car is a car that is purchased brand new and that's being resold and exported overseas.

Guess what? Off to dealer to be fixed then off to a good swim. My RR will be swing good! My relative overseas wants to buy despite its problems.

(He resells them and make huge profit (no customs and no taxes at entry) on them and I get what I paid at purchase).

41 - 58 of 58 Posts