Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's my first LR. Wife wanted 1 for a while so I said why not.

Why not?!

We've had it for about 3-4 weeks and it's already f*cking up. I guess I must be among the unlucky ones with LRs reliability.

TFT screen blinks randomly (went even blank for a good 5 sec), check engine light comes on and off, sunroof hesitates to close, ... what's next?

I learned something today in this forum: a swiming car is a car that is purchased brand new and that's being resold and exported overseas.

Guess what? Off to dealer to be fixed then off to a good swim. My RR will be swing good! My relative overseas wants to buy despite its problems.

(He resells them and make huge profit (no customs and no taxes at entry) on them and I get what I paid at purchase).

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I'ts just getting broken in! I had to go to the shop like ten times in the first month, once you get it dialed in should be good. Nobody said LR's are perfect...

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'ts just getting broken in! I had to go to the shop like ten times in the first month, once you get it dialed in should be good. Nobody said LR's are perfect...
Broke in? LOL? Is this serious?

Very nice car but not for me. At least not now.

I have to save the world with my (again) upcoming G55!

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Think about it, none of the problems you are having are leaving you stranded. It's under warranty. The bugs/glitches are just part of the cars character.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
^^that's a funny mentality^^. I've had two of the older RR and now own a 95 Defender. I will never touch any other LR product besides my Defender.

part of the car's character...lol.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry to hear man... it's one of those lemons.. at least no $$ lost for you..
it'll be hard to get rid of that with this market

No worries about the market. I always buy my cars brand new and when time comes to sell, my relative overseas always buys them from me. All my previous cars were bought from him at almost the price I paid for.

He wants my RR really bad. Go figure. :confused:

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Think about it, none of the problems you are having are leaving you stranded. It's under warranty. The bugs/glitches are just part of the cars character.
Yes, it's still under warranty but I don't want to camp at the dealer either.

The bugs/glitches are just part of the cars character.
No offense but that's got to be the funniest thing I've heard.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
No offense taken. I am glad you think my comment is funny:wink:. I completely understand not wanting to camp at the dealer.:bow1:

You tried it out and it's not for you. At least you know what doesn't work for you.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Sending BK some love!

No offense taken. I am glad you think my comment is funny:wink:. I completely understand not wanting to camp at the dealer.:bow1:

You tried it out and it's not for you. At least you know what doesn't work for you.
BK...;)
Know what you are talking about! Despite thier "Quirks" have never heard of another vehicle that will get you out of some of the tight spots that the Rover will! Just utilized the "limp home" feature on our Discovery 3 (AKA LR3) to get us into cell coverage from a trail in Death Valley last week...and WOW it just kept going and going and going even after being slammed down on top of a boulder! I was amazed!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
10 times is alittle overboard dude, Hovy, sell it and find another truck this is a sign that you and RRs arent destined to be together

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
10 times is alittle overboard dude, Hovy, sell it and find another truck this is a sign that you and RRs arent destined to be together
Oh brother, I had found it: the G55 but some mofo(s) stole it. I am getting a 2010 soon.

I have another one in my stable that is right too: the cayenne turbo S.

·
Registered
40 Posts
RR are Junk!!
I had a 2009 S/C sold it with 2000 miles on it.
Heater stopped-rear window never worked-radio had a mind or it's own-LOUD whine from front axle. Enough is enough!!!
One last bitch, lost 20 grand on it.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
RR are Junk!!
I had a 2009 S/C sold it with 2000 miles on it.
Heater stopped-rear window never worked-radio had a mind or it's own-LOUD whine from front axle. Enough is enough!!!
One last bitch, lost 20 grand on it.
20K$ is for 2K miles less A LOT :eek:

Damn man! Sorry to hear this. I am going through problems myself but I am luckily selling it at what I paid for.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I was looking at an HSE last winter but after reading many reviews, and them constantly being ranked the worst SUV on the market I stayed far away. Hope the next choice works out much better for you.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I am sure a Jeep would. The mercedes G would excel as well.
Sorry Dude...you have obviously not left the pavement too often!:clap::confused:The "G" wagon "stock " has the ground clearance of my XK and we had to leave a couple of Jeeper's (Jeeps & H1s do have my utmost respect...but a Gwagon...thats what the soccor moms around here drive!) but Jeeps do lack the EMERGENCY modes like EXTENDED, ACCESS and my Fave...LIMP HOME! :laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Sorry Dude...you have obviously not left the pavement too often!:clap::confused:The "G" wagon "stock " has the ground clearance of my XK and we had to leave a couple of Jeeper's (Jeeps & H1s do have my utmost respect...but a Gwagon...thats what the soccor moms around here drive!) but Jeeps do lack the EMERGENCY modes like EXTENDED, ACCESS and my Fave...LIMP HOME! :laugh:
You had not posted these pics before thus your argument does not make sense.

The only pic you had was the last one: some LR driving on a paved mountain path.

I thought the G-class was among the best off-road cars with its 3 differentials. I have to say that ground clearance is not the best, especially the 55 with its side exhaust pipes.

The soccer mom thing is pretty relative: here soccer moms drive LRs (good luck seeing a G-class) and I'd bet only 1 out of 10 has seen a rock bigger than a tennis ball from close.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
LOL! Guess it does look paved in that pic, it is actuallly "paved" with boulders from rock slides You basically have to have an extended lift and rock crawler tires to make it to any of the old gold mines in that area (Death Valley, Ballaret) There are several old mines (OHV & 4x4 access roads) out there as well as some cool ghost towns but no cell coverage and even out satelite (SPOT) tracker was not responding. We would have have a long 50 miles hiking through Death Valley at night without that "limited access, limp home, mode" we were down on the bumpstops (think lo-rider) fther ramming the air compressor into a boulder almost as large as the truck! We did scrape up the tires on the wheel well but it got us into a cell coverage area and THATS what counted! Briggs was an old mine in the days of the original gold rushand thereare still mines, ghost towns and WILD BURROS all in the area!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts