Luxury4Play.com banner

2010-11 MY Conversion...So it begins!!

129K views 227 replies 53 participants last post by  VERYDISCO 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Finally after sourcing all the parts I needed to complete 2010+ MY conversion I dropped off my truck at Tag Motorsports in San Diego on Monday. Alex and the crew at TAG have been great though this whole process!! Don't hesitate to give them a call! Top notch work! I don't have too many pics at the moment...but as soon as I get more I will update the thread. I got lucky that I found a local guy who wanted to convert his 2004 L322 into a 2006+ so I was able to sell him my wheels and all my parts! Ended up getting close to 4K for my parts. The conversion ended up costing me reasonable amount after selling all my parts. Not bad considering the current RR model is essentially the same truck introduced back in 2003...minus some electrical, mechanical, and engine components. I have a brand new looking truck which only has 23,000 miles on it.

By the way it is a 2008 L322 Supercharged Westminster Edition... in case you were interested.

What I am getting done with pricing:

1) 2010-11 Headlights (found a lightly used set on Ebay...as opposed to $2700+ the dealer wanted)
2) 2010-11 Tail Lights (brand new set off ebay)
3) 2010-11 Front Bumper (brand new)
4) 2010-11 Front Grill + Side Vents (craigslist-off brand new dealer car)
5) Brackets, resistor, crash-bar, and other miscellaneous trim pieces
6) Painting grills satin black, door handles java black, badging + lettering in satin black, and other trim pieces in satin black
7) Brand new dealer take offs - 20x9.5 OEM 2011 Range Sport Wheels powdering coating matte with semi gloss finish
8) Wheels wrapped in 285/50R20 Nitto Terra Grapplers 31.2" Tires - $910 (I don't want to be limited to tarmac with 22's/24's...even though they would look awesome on my truck)
9) Contemplating Alcantara Headliner as well...

Some starting pics...will add more as the project proceeds...

See less See more
#147 ·
Looks dope man...I am down for that idea. As long as we can adjust the LED's so that they are not facing the ground. We should go for that floating LED idea...with the adjustable brackets. I want to keep my fog lights...but what I would like to do is use the LED's as DRL's so let's wire it up where when I start the engine they automatically turn on. Can you PM pricing for the headliner, painting the front and rear lights, painting the lower trim on front and rear bumper and installing good quality LED's into that spot you suggested. What about ceramic coating my stock exhaust in matte black?? Is that possible? Any suggestions on powder coating or painting the calipers in gloss black with the white brembo lettering? Good or bad idea?

P.S. Update to everyone...I installed my new rear tail light and front headlight fix it kit and everything works on my truck now like factory!!! I am soooo happy. After 5 months of hitting my head against the wall I finally found a legitimate solution. Wasn't the cheapest route but surely the most reliable and safest method. Here are some pics of the units I installed. I am adding a video too...sorry but it's sideways kind of lol....as you can see no more flickering lights when I start my engine and the rear fog lights work properly...no buzzing...no resistors...no heat...no error codes...everything works like factory...YES!!! ahhh this makes me so happy I did the conversion...no more headaches knock on wood lol...thanks for all the support and views guys....L4P 4 lyfe!

http://s1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee456/mcanzio/?action=view&current=39e1146d.mp4

#148 ·
Looks dope man...I am down for that idea. As long as we can adjust the LED's so that they are not facing the ground. We should go for that floating LED idea...with the adjustable brackets. I want to keep my fog lights...but what I would like to do is use the LED's as DRL's so let's wire it up where when I start the engine they automatically turn on. Can you PM pricing for the headliner, painting the front and rear lights, painting the lower trim on front and rear bumper and installing good quality LED's into that spot you suggested. What about ceramic coating my stock exhaust in matte black?? Is that possible? Any suggestions on powder coating or painting the calipers in gloss black with the white brembo lettering? Good or bad idea?

P.S. Update to everyone...I installed my new rear tail light and front headlight fix it kit and everything works on my truck now like factory!!! I am soooo happy. After 5 months of hitting my head against the wall I finally found a legitimate solution. Wasn't the cheapest route but surely the most reliable and safest method. Here are some pics of the units I installed. I am adding a video too...sorry but it's sideways kind of lol....as you can see no more flickering lights when I start my engine and the rear fog lights work properly...no buzzing...no resistors...no heat...no error codes...everything works like factory...YES!!! ahhh this makes me so happy I did the conversion...no more headaches knock on wood lol...thanks for all the support and views guys....L4P 4 lyfe!
Good to hear!!!

#149 ·
Looks good sergio!

Lets get the headliner done, some KAHN RS300's and call it a day!

#150 ·
Never really realized how much bigger a full-size RR is compared to a sport.

P.S. Is it just me or this new layout on L4P is a bit odd? Maybe I need some time to get adjusted.

Reactions: VERYDISCO
#151 ·
mc,

my $.50... leave the lights alone. yours looks classy as it stands, but when you F with the lights with all that cutesy paintin' and sh!t, it looks amateurish if that makes any sense. like you're way too into your car and it's your life kinda thing. even if it is for most of us enthusiasts, you kinda need to keep your cool u know? kinda like with chicks. keep 'em guessin.

the only thing i'd do on yours is add the platinum motorsport front lower bumper with the integrated DRL LEDs. do the alcantara headliner for sure. get those ADVs with the aggressive tread tires on 'em in gloss black. done. onto the next1.

#152 ·
The inside of the headlights are grey, they simply do not match with anything, that is why many people paint the inside's black. Its a tough job but the end results are worth it imo, anyone that sees them in person wants them, it just looks cleaner. Of course its subjective and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Whats odd though is adding a lip that doesn't even flow with the car keeps it classy?

#156 ·
Vik,

You get any info on the Revere kit yet? Pricing, fitment, etc?

#161 ·
Yea it was near Wind N' Sea in La Jolla...Lower Hermosa...off Camino de la Costa. Good Eye! Unfortunately it's not my house lol...maybe one day in my dreams.

#165 ·
A few new pics... Will be getting the headlights and taillights painted by RDB very soon! Will be throwing on some 305/40R22 Cooper Zeon LTZ's like MisterKyes ride on some Kahn RS300's possibly. Oh and I threw in a pic of my new neighbors cls benz...lookin' pretty fly.

P.S. As you can see I have all my lights (headlights + taillights) working like factory! If anyone needs help on the conversion? Let me know.

@ RDB

#166 ·
A few new pics... Will be getting the headlights and taillights painted by RDB very soon! Will be throwing on some 305/40R22 Cooper Zeon LTZ's like MisterKyes ride on some Kahn RS300's possibly. Oh and I threw in a pic of my new neighbors cls benz...lookin' pretty fly.

P.S. As you can see I have all my lights (headlights + taillights) working like factory! If anyone needs help on the conversion? Let me know.
Your car looks great brotha, can't wait to put the finishing touches on your baby! That CLS looks right, normally not a fan of the middle strip scheme but that looks pretty nice!

#167 ·
Anybody interested in the wheels/tires I have on the truck?

1) 20" OEM Factory Authentic RRS wheels....powder coated satin black
2) 285/50R20 Nitto Terra Grappler tires with over 90% tread left

PM for pricing

#171 ·
That would be quite a task! The operating systems (i-BUS vs. CAN-BUS) are different between the older model L322's and the newer 2010+

Not worth even attempting that.

#177 ·
great looking car!! so good to see that someone isn't following the idiotic trend of throwing massive rims on a suv without considering effects on handeling (probably the wrong word to use while talking about an 2000kg plus car) and comfort.
wish i could get a beauty like that :(

#183 ·
BUMP

Anyone know if the 2012 updated Overfinch Vogue GT kit has been released to the USA yet?

#186 ·
Whoa! Matt is actually posting? LOL

We need to get updated pix of your truck Matt & Sergio's Full size :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.