Luxury4Play.com banner

2010-11 MY Conversion...So it begins!!

129K views 227 replies 53 participants last post by  VERYDISCO 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Finally after sourcing all the parts I needed to complete 2010+ MY conversion I dropped off my truck at Tag Motorsports in San Diego on Monday. Alex and the crew at TAG have been great though this whole process!! Don't hesitate to give them a call! Top notch work! I don't have too many pics at the moment...but as soon as I get more I will update the thread. I got lucky that I found a local guy who wanted to convert his 2004 L322 into a 2006+ so I was able to sell him my wheels and all my parts! Ended up getting close to 4K for my parts. The conversion ended up costing me reasonable amount after selling all my parts. Not bad considering the current RR model is essentially the same truck introduced back in 2003...minus some electrical, mechanical, and engine components. I have a brand new looking truck which only has 23,000 miles on it.

By the way it is a 2008 L322 Supercharged Westminster Edition... in case you were interested.

What I am getting done with pricing:

1) 2010-11 Headlights (found a lightly used set on Ebay...as opposed to $2700+ the dealer wanted)
2) 2010-11 Tail Lights (brand new set off ebay)
3) 2010-11 Front Bumper (brand new)
4) 2010-11 Front Grill + Side Vents (craigslist-off brand new dealer car)
5) Brackets, resistor, crash-bar, and other miscellaneous trim pieces
6) Painting grills satin black, door handles java black, badging + lettering in satin black, and other trim pieces in satin black
7) Brand new dealer take offs - 20x9.5 OEM 2011 Range Sport Wheels powdering coating matte with semi gloss finish
8) Wheels wrapped in 285/50R20 Nitto Terra Grapplers 31.2" Tires - $910 (I don't want to be limited to tarmac with 22's/24's...even though they would look awesome on my truck)
9) Contemplating Alcantara Headliner as well...

Some starting pics...will add more as the project proceeds...

See less See more
#4 ·
:goingcrazy: Yup that's what I thought too when I saw my baby torn apart hahaha....but it's a surgery well worth it!! :D

#9 ·
Front bumper cover won't be in until next week. So just hOld tight... Will post more pics as soon as I receive them... Thanks for looking!

#10 ·
The build is coming along nicely... Parts are out of the paint booth and wheels are back from powdercoat. I will post pictures tomorrow.

Cant wait to see how this one turns out ;)

#11 ·
Yeaaa buddy...I'm looking forward to this most of all haha. The weather this week is super nice! Can't wait to take it for a spin by the beach with the windows down :)

#12 ·
Gonna be hot!

#13 ·
Still in shop....matte black lettering and badges on....sorry for the picture quality and glare...will have a nice photoshoot once the truck is detailed and completed!

#14 ·
Not quite done yet....but turned out awesome! I'm very happy so far! What do you guys think? :D

#17 ·
From all of the Land Rover OEM wheels...these are one of the better looking wheels IMO. I'm sick of looking at stormers lol...I decided to go with these since they are made for land rovers (RR Sport to be exact)...are 9.5" wide and have a 53mm offset (vs. 58mm for full-size RR's) which addresses the issue of clearance of the front suspension strut with the size tire I have chosen. These wheels weren't my first option...wanted 22's/24's however considering how much I travel to Tahoe, Anza Borrego, etc...I wanted to still be able to moderately use this vehicle for what it was built for...off-roading haha! To each his own...I think it looks sharp in person!

#19 ·
I could tell you like off-roading by the tires... I like the wheels, just not the painted black. They look great in silver, just m yown opinion. With them black on a black truck, difficult to see the design of the wheel.
The reason I decided to powder coat them black is because all the other trim on the truck is matte black so with silver it wouldn't blend as nicely...but I do like them in silver as well :)

On another random note we both have the same number of posts! lol

#22 · (Edited)
The stock Westminster wheels have a 58mm offset and would rub against the front struts...the only way to resolve that issue is by fitting 5mm spacers...which I did not want to do. Oh and the autobiography grills are fairly hard to find for the full-size...and wayyy too expensive...some guy wanted $1300 just for the front one...side vents had chrome on them and priced absurd as well.

Unfortunately, I sold my stock Westminster wheels. ROK, I originally ordered a set of 22" Kahn RS wheels like you have on your sport, however, by the time they came in I decided I wanted to buy a RR Sport this summer and go all out on that truck. Alex at TAG had a brand new stock set of RR sport wheels at the shop taken off from one of the KAHN builds and I decided to just buy those off him. This was I can keep this bad boy for off-roading etc...and hand it down to my mom later this summer and not worry about her scuffing my wheels lol :lol:

This was kind of a minor refresh..ballin' on a budget for this build...sort of...wasn't that cheap actually haha...budget for my terms I guess haha. I have a 15K stereo in my other ride so I guess this build was somewhat on the lower side.

For some reason while writing this post...I had the papa americano beat playing in my head...for some reason it makes me think of you ROK hahaha jk

I think you should play this beat whenever you write a post...no matter how played out it is!! New trend...theme songs for writing posts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU3t1ncsxmA&feature=related

and to michakaveli....back to square one haha ...tied at 40

#26 ·
Bumper should be out of paint on Monday...with pics to follow :)

#28 ·
Fingers crossed that I will get to pick up my truck tomorrow afternoon :)

#31 ·
Turned out excellent great job!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.