Luxury4Play.com banner

121 - 140 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
mc, do you have any idea how big a tire i can go on a RRS w/ the stock 20x9 stormer wheels without resorting to any cutting? the other base i want to make sure to cover is whether the larger rolling diameter will F with the electronic/mechanical bits.

i'm thinking about gloss black pc'ing my stockys and rolling them for a more rugged look like yours. they're just collecting dust atm.

thx, boss.
ROK, here is the link to a fellow RRS owner over on RangeRovers.net

RangeRovers.net • View topic - 18's on an SC? Not so much...

I believe the biggest you can go without any serious issues is 285/50R20 which is the tire size I have on my Full-Size...you might need to put 5mm spacers on the front wheels since it will be extremely close to the suspension struts...but should look and work great! Also if you want to go one size down...try 275/50R20...but honestly...check out the link and see for yourself...go with 285/50R20's and call it a day! Will look badass!

·
Registered
651 Posts
ROK, here is the link to a fellow RRS owner over on RangeRovers.net

RangeRovers.net • View topic - 18's on an SC? Not so much...

I believe the biggest you can go without any serious issues is 285/50R20 which is the tire size I have on my Full-Size...you might need to put 5mm spacers on the front wheels since it will be extremely close to the suspension struts...but should look and work great! Also if you want to go one size down...try 275/50R20...but honestly...check out the link and see for yourself...go with 285/50R20's and call it a day! Will look badass!
i have zero tolerance for rubbing and spacers so i'll just have to live vicariously thru you.

you are a great resource and saved me a ton of time trying to nail this thing down. thanks, again.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Tires are looking sharp Chris!! On a side note: is it just me or is your wife's silver rover discolored? The silver paint on the front half of the truck looks different from the other half. Maybe it's just a shadow...either way looks good!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #129

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Any suspension mods or cutting to fit the 285's? Looksgreat.
Completely stock with no rubbing under full lock left or right. There is some slight rubbing on the rear passenger side... (it's just a little piece of plastic that sticks out since the gas tank is back there. It rubs off in a matter or a few days. That is the biggest size you can go without rubbing or issues. I believe you could also go for 275/55R20 if you want a bit more meat but more narrow.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Completely stock with no rubbing under full lock left or right. There is some slight rubbing on the rear passenger side... (it's just a little piece of plastic that sticks out since the gas tank is back there. It rubs off in a matter or a few days. That is the biggest size you can go without rubbing or issues. I believe you could also go for 275/55R20 if you want a bit more meat but more narrow.
Just ordered 275/55/20r Nitto Grapplers for my 20" stormers im not even positive they will fit but I will post pics once they come in if I can get them on.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Downtown La Jolla!

Nice whip, looks awesome... btw Gliderport is an awesome spot to go off roading :).

-Spencer
@SM
LJ...Yeaaa Buddddy

Now I just need to pick up a LP-700 Aventador from you guys!!! *Day Dreaming* :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Currently I have 285/50R20 Nitto Terra Grapplers....they are excellent tires! Beefy and smooth ride. However I am thinking of getting a second set of wheels. Will 305/40R22 tires fit? I have seen them fitted on Rovers but anyone currently running this size? I want to upgrade to 22" wheels wrapped in Nitto Terra Grapplers.

Current set-up: 285/50R20 w/ overall diameter at 31.22" and a width of 11.22"

Upgrade to: 305/40R22 w/ overall diameter at 31.6" and a width of 12"

I have seen people on here fit 275/55R20 wheels all day long with a overall diameter at 31.9" however the width is only 10.82"...theoretically 305/40R22 should fit fine...just wondering if anyone if running this size??? Should I go for it....for cruising the streets and having a mean look. I will still most likely keep my current wheels and tires. Unless anyone wants to buy my current wheels and tires???

Thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
I'm looking to get a roof rack and rear ladder. Anyone have any experience with these guys?

Land Rover Discovery Series I Roof Racks

I am looking to find some beefier exhaust tips and have them ceramic or powder coated...not sure which route is the best.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I think Oldmoney on here had that set up and was actually trying to sell it but that was a yr or two ago I believe. That rack with ladder combo looks awesome imo,GL.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm looking to get a roof rack and rear ladder. Anyone have any experience with these guys?

Land Rover Discovery Series I Roof Racks

I am looking to find some beefier exhaust tips and have them ceramic or powder coated...not sure which route is the best.
Had the Voyager racks ladder on one of my previous Mk3 rovers and it was good quality. You should be sure that you want it, as it requires some drilling. I've got the original Safety Devices roof rack (has been on all four of my Mk3s) and it's been great / stood up really well. Have heard good things about the Voyager Racks rack too.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #140 (Edited)
Decided to snap some more pics today. Was such a nice day out I couldn't resist. I really should get my headliner done up in alcantara suede soon!

121 - 140 of 228 Posts