Luxury4Play.com banner

101 - 120 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I did the same thing to my Cayenne and made a world of a difference. I get the car in a week so let the fun begin! Problem is, I'm having trouble picking out which rims to buy.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Sorry for all the questions but was the tail light update a pain the a$$ ? I am assuming they bolt up perfectly but is the wiring the issue ? I have found brand new tail light sets for 10-11 for a little under $900 just not sure what else is required to make these puppies work ?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Sorry for all the questions but was the tail light update a pain the a$$ ? I am assuming they bolt up perfectly but is the wiring the issue ? I have found brand new tail light sets for 10-11 for a little under $900 just not sure what else is required to make these puppies work ?
1) Need to drill two new holes and fit new grommets so that the lights can mount in perfectly (on each side)
2) Need to wire in resistors to slow down the blinkers
3) Need to add in relays for the rear fog light issue (otherwise they are always ON when your lights are on)
4) Your lights may also flicker (computer self-check sending a bit of power to all the lights to make sure they are working...they flicker because LED's don't require much power...so that little bit of power the lights are getting during the self-check is enough to light them up)

P.S. I got my tail lights for $750 (brand new) including shipping on eBay.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hello Mcanzio

What about some pro photos ;), we all look forward to see the black beauty in more details ! :clap:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
1) Need to drill two new holes and fit new grommets so that the lights can mount in perfectly (on each side)
2) Need to wire in resistors to slow down the blinkers
3) Need to add in relays for the rear fog light issue (otherwise they are always ON when your lights are on)
4) Your lights may also flicker (computer self-check sending a bit of power to all the lights to make sure they are working...they flicker because LED's don't require much power...so that little bit of power the lights are getting during the self-check is enough to light them up)

P.S. I got my tail lights for $750 (brand new) including shipping on eBay.
Thanks for that detailed answer to my question, greatly appreciated mcanzio !

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #106

·
Registered
984 Posts
Thanks again I may be PMing you in the future with a few more ?s if you don't mind :D
Feel free to shoot us a PM as well if you have any questions as we did the conversion for Sergio :clap:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Can you do a similar conversion on a '07 RR Sport HSE to a MY11 ??
Yea definitely! It can be done. You just need all the parts and repuatable shop to install everything.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
A few pics I snapped today...still need to get that professional shoot done!

·
Registered
119 Posts
A few pics I snapped today...still need to get that professional shoot done!

Nice, did you get the headlights' backgrounds sprayed black, à la 2012 FFRR ?

We'd love to see more of the interior and retrim work please along with dashboard and new steering wheel.
:whistle:
:clap:

·
Registered
265 Posts
It looks amazing - a totally different car. Except for the interior, it looks EXACTLY like MY11+. I am very impressed with the result! - good job.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
lookin good as usual. saw another rr in LA this weekend with the same tire setup. looked so good! kind of regretting getting the 22's.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
lookin good as usual. saw another rr in LA this weekend with the same tire setup. looked so good! kind of regretting getting the 22's.
Ideally, I would love to have another street set of Matte Black 24" Agetro wheels!! But due to finances...I wanted to have a custom look with my powder coated 20" factory OEM wheels but also maintain functionality as I like to go camping and venture to the outdoors.

On another note...I have found a fix to retro fitting 2010-11 LED rear tail lights to older model Rovers 2003-09. I ordered a unit from the UK and will let you guys know how it turns out once I get it this week. On another crappy note...one of my angel eyes is not lighting up...the passenger side LED is not working...maybe a loose connector? possibly it burned out on me already? WTF...I hope it's not a big deal.

Cheers

·
Registered
651 Posts
Ideally, I would love to have another street set of Matte Black 24" Agetro wheels!! But due to finances...I wanted to have a custom look with my powder coated 20" factory OEM wheels but also maintain functionality as I like to go camping and venture to the outdoors.

On another note...I have found a fix to retro fitting 2010-11 LED rear tail lights to older model Rovers 2003-09. I ordered a unit from the UK and will let you guys know how it turns out once I get it this week. On another crappy note...one of my angel eyes is not lighting up...the passenger side LED is not working...maybe a loose connector? possibly it burned out on me already? WTF...I hope it's not a big deal.

Cheers
mc, do you have any idea how big a tire i can go on a RRS w/ the stock 20x9 stormer wheels without resorting to any cutting? the other base i want to make sure to cover is whether the larger rolling diameter will F with the electronic/mechanical bits.

i'm thinking about gloss black pc'ing my stockys and rolling them for a more rugged look like yours. they're just collecting dust atm.

thx, boss.

101 - 120 of 228 Posts