Luxury4Play.com banner

81 - 100 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
it's splittin hairs because at the beginning, middle, and end of the day, the right kits are 100000000000000000000000000000x more presence than any stock setup autobiography included. photos can be judged all day by folks on the net, but in real life, when you see them in person and in motion, it's art.

so let the wall flowers stay on the sidelines while we go get the girl. :whistle:jk

splittin hairs start
if i had a full size, i'd go after the kahn kit vogue as i like aggressive esp with black rigs and 2nd startech/revere. i predict that you're going to want to dump your stock 20s as they're going to look even more undersized/out-of-place with the added flair. these kits arent business casual. it's straight suiting up or in other words you won't look at your best unless you go 24s on the FFRR. it's all about proportions.

i can speak for startech quality so that gives it an added advantage as well, but i've heard from those who've been there, done that that kahn's 2010+ fitment is top drawer . revere's track record is an unknown for me. i like that startech isn't a fly by night operation and likewise with kahn. heaven forbid you have an issue, but with both u have a person to call.

get it done yesterday.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Bloody hell...I got pulled over by CHP today on the way to a friend's graduation. Str8 up said I pulled you over for tint. He admitted the Range looked great but gave me some BS about their safety and whether or not I could be committing a crime in the vehicle. Honestly, I am on the highway driving an easy 70mph going with the flow of traffic...what possible crime could I be committing??. I have a clean driving record with no speeding tickets or anything. I understand their point of view that there could be drug dealer driving it etc... This always happens out in the boonies in hickville where they have nothing better to do. I have never once had problems in La Jolla or Beverly Hills....80% of the cars are tinted out. I even pull up next to cops with my tint and never had a problem. This is soooo lame...enough of my rant....

Anybody know a COP in San Diego that could sign this off for me? lol Wish I still had my member 11-99 foundation plates. If not...I guess i'll just have to ruin the look of my car lol...definitely hoped to keep it blacked out. I could always put it back on...but I might just save myself the hassle and call it a day.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Bloody hell...I got pulled over by CHP today on the way to a friend's graduation. Str8 up said I pulled you over for tint. He admitted the Range looked great but gave me some BS about their safety and whether or not I could be committing a crime in the vehicle. Honestly, I am on the highway driving an easy 70mph going with the flow of traffic...what possible crime could I be committing??. I have a clean driving record with no speeding tickets or anything. I understand their point of view that there could be drug dealer driving it etc... This always happens out in the boonies in hickville where they have nothing better to do. I have never once had problems in La Jolla or Beverly Hills....80% of the cars are tinted out. I even pull up next to cops with my tint and never had a problem. This is soooo lame...enough of my rant....

Anybody know a COP in San Diego that could sign this off for me? lol Wish I still had my member 11-99 foundation plates. If not...I guess i'll just have to ruin the look of my car lol...definitely hoped to keep it blacked out. I could always put it back on...but I might just save myself the hassle and call it a day.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi there mate,

Car looks BOMBED! Absolutely love it! I work for Range Rover in Australia and thus I see them everyday, but this certainly stands out to me... Love the murdered look!

I had a look at your other thread on your 1998 RR and have you ever considered putting those 22"s you had on that, onto this one?

At our dealership at the moment we have a 2011 Vogue Autobiography on those wheels, only silver and it looks HARD!

Josh

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
If all goes well...I will be starting my new custom stereo install very shortly at La Jolla Audio. They have done work on my other cars before and I can't say enough good things about the quality of their work. Yes they are a bit on the pricey side...but their installers are extremely knowledgeable and can make anything look factory! They are also addressing my headlight/tail light issues from my conversion. Will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
In case I can't get my tail light/ headlight issue fixed....does anybody know of any sources in SoCal where I could go??? I really want to get this taken care of soon.

Issues:

1) Adaptive Headlight Error Light Flashing (would like to reset or turn this off....I believe you could either cut the wire...or use a Faultmate MSV-2 land rover diagnostic tool Blackbox Solutions Ltd - Designers and manufacturers of the best vehicle diagnostic tools. or if anyone has any success with getting the ECU's to talk to each other and make this work?)

2) Rear fog lights constantly on when you turn on the lights (I believe you need to add relays to the rear fogs but that hasn't worked yet...any info on this?)

3) All my exterior lights flicker for about 2-3 seconds and then turn off...can this be disabled? (This is a computer self-check to make sure there is a bit of power going to all the bulbs...the self-check module always does this...however since my new lights are LEDs and don't require as much power they light up and flicker...whereas the little amount of power the self-check gives off wasn't enough to light up the non-LED lights originally on the truck)

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm not sure if you've already done this, but I'd post your questions in the rangerovers.net/forum "Diagnostic" and "L322" sections.

I would also contact DCC4x4, as they're the top of the game in MY2010+ conversions in the UK.
See Range Rover 2010 Supercharged facelift conversion | eBay UK.

In case I can't get my tail light/ headlight issue fixed....does anybody know of any sources in SoCal where I could go??? I really want to get this taken care of soon.

Issues:

1) Adaptive Headlight Error Light Flashing (would like to reset or turn this off....I believe you could either cut the wire...or use a Faultmate MSV-2 land rover diagnostic tool Blackbox Solutions Ltd - Designers and manufacturers of the best vehicle diagnostic tools. or if anyone has any success with getting the ECU's to talk to each other and make this work?)

2) Rear fog lights constantly on when you turn on the lights (I believe you need to add relays to the rear fogs but that hasn't worked yet...any info on this?)

3) All my exterior lights flicker for about 2-3 seconds and then turn off...can this be disabled? (This is a computer self-check to make sure there is a bit of power going to all the bulbs...the self-check module always does this...however since my new lights are LEDs and don't require as much power they light up and flicker...whereas the little amount of power the self-check gives off wasn't enough to light up the non-LED lights originally on the truck)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
wow, looks great! any issues with rubbing? i love that wheel and tire setup!
Thanks! No issues with rubbing...285/50R20 is the biggest tire size you can go without significant rubbing....they are right on the border of rubbing but clear perfectly. It is a 31.2" tire in overall diameter...not huge but fills the wheel well perfectly and is still functional off-road when I need it to be.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Thanks! No issues with rubbing...285/50R20 is the biggest tire size you can go without significant rubbing....they are right on the border of rubbing but clear perfectly. It is a 31.2" tire in overall diameter...not huge but fills the wheel well perfectly and is still functional off-road when I need it to be.
Just noticed you had a 2" lift. I'm guessing those tires would definitely rub on a stock RR? How is the ride quality after the lift? Similar to stock?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #96

·
Registered
131 Posts
Really a great job man. Makes me really want to pick up a Range. The
level of class & refinement is unmatched.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I didn't know you were on here:)

Have you figured out your tail lights yet? I have not had a free moment to look into it. I really think that there has to be a fatory relay somwhere that will fix it. I don't want two resistors and a load balancer on each side just to get everything to work right.

I still like your truck! But it won't look right w/o the front tint.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Guys...there is no lift on my Black Rover...the 2" lift is on my other 2001 Range Rover P38 model...the green one....I have a thread on another page....the one with the Conversion on this thread does not have a lift...stock suspension.

Here is my Rover with the lift...
http://www.luxury4play.com/land-rover/80827-2001-lifted-rr-4-6-hse-custom-stereo-my-other-beast.html
Wow, I'm excited now. First mod to my new (pre-owned) RR will be wheels and tires! Not sure if I'll go to the extent you went, but will definitely be painting my grill and side grills.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Painting the door handles and grills are a modest upgrade...but give the truck a whole new feel and look. Post pics once you get it done!

81 - 100 of 228 Posts