Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to pull the trigger on a 09 GranTurismo S 4.7. Any have one of theses? How is the transmission. My concern comes from the fact that the 2010 are only avail with the automatic. I have owned two previous Maseratis (03 Spyder and 05 Gransport) and have not have any problems. anyone know of specific tranny issues with the 2009 GT S?? Ho I see it the removal of the manual is to differentiate it to from the Stradale and to market the car to a softer customer base. any input from owners appreciated...

·
Registered
774 Posts
I am about to pull the trigger on a 09 GranTurismo S 4.7. Any have one of theses? How is the transmission. My concern comes from the fact that the 2010 are only avail with the automatic. I have owned two previous Maseratis (03 Spyder and 05 Gransport) and have not have any problems. anyone know of specific tranny issues with the 2009 GT S?? Ho I see it the removal of the manual is to differentiate it to from the Stradale and to market the car to a softer customer base. any input from owners appreciated...
Have almost 9k miles on mine. The transmission does require some work, but it is definitely more fun to drive. It's not problematic, but not the best for stop and go traffic. That does not stop me though, and if I was buying again, would ONLY by with the same gearbox.

A friend of mine who works for Fiat said the main reason it was pulled for the US, was the cost of that gearbox, and the deflated US price. Outside the US, they can charge the proper amount. Dealer told me recently that Maserati "thinks" Americans do not like the F1, and he also stated the MC Stradale may not make it to the US.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I thought and that is a great thing. How I see it the 09 S with the floppy paddle tranny is the one to get for "Spirited" driving. It is the same tranny as in the 599 right?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did pull the trigger but wound up getting a 10 GTS Auto
I wanted the 9 but the offer was so good on the 10 I had to do the new one.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
that things beautiful. maybe new pictures...? lol higher res?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sure will upload a few more better quality. not sure how to get them to be a more reasonable size. just a minute...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its funny I ordered the interior like my old stradale and the paint like my old 575. BTW I like the MaserGTS much better than the 575m but the lines to me a pretty similar.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
ok there ya go:) haha that cars awesome man, i love the feeling of the soft steering wheels in masies, its nice

1 - 19 of 19 Posts