Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone here is a 2007 Porsche Cayman in Atlas Grey that I had a chance to correct. This is Forum member CCNS’s car. What a cool cat he was. It was nice to get know him. Here goes, I’m gonna keep this write up a little small. I really didn’t take as many pictures as planned. I got started on the paint and began to get addicted in this color. Forgot all about the pictures. The car received a normal Decontamination using various degreasers I also used a new citrus Foaming degreaser for the wheels and tires which worked out great. The correction consisted of M105/M205/85rd. Wolfgang’s PreWax Enhancer, Then 2 coats of Wolfgang’s Fuzion. It made the paint look nice and deep. The car had a lot of nice gloss to it and corrected nicely. The interior was gone over, but not perfected. I gave a good cleaning and protecting. ( Leather Condtioning. ) All in all this was one nice ride. This is the first Cayman I got to see and I must say it’s a really nice ride. I love the contour of the body and Did I mention Atlas grey is a great Color!!

The first of three rinses.

Here is that new Citrus Foam Degreaser. It was a very safe well and tire cleaner and it broke the break dust down nice. I let it dwell for about 2 minutes. From my understanding its gonna be around 12 dollars for a 16 oz can but it worked wonders. Its safe on paint as well!

The cars paint surface had some contamination, but it was fairly clean.

Here are a few camera Flash shots showing the paint’s defects. There were swirls and some holograms. The paint wasn’t really bad compared to what I’m used to.

Here in these pictures you can see what a camera flash should look like once the paint is fully corrected.

Here is a buffing action shot. Nothing crazy but it’s a shot.

Here is a few interior shots.

Here are a few finished indoor shots.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Makin it pop barry. Just did my 3rd cayman last week. Definatly fun cars to work on. Just got done with a Cayenne S. Now that was a bear to get right... How are you liking the 105/205 combo. You were always pretty adament about the ardex line there for the longest time. Good to see you branching out.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I felt go guilty driving it home because it looked so perfect in the garage. The pics look amazing!! The car looks amazing!!

Barry, I can't thank you enough for the job you did. I am completely in awe of your skillz!!! For those who haven't had the pleasure of meeting Barry, let me tell you, one of the nicest people you will meet in your life. Just talking with him briefly and you get that he just has a passion for what he does. If you're in the area, def. hit Barry up when you need to baby your baby. He'll treat it right!!

Thanks again!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
I know whos Cayman will be going there soon :)

Great shots of a great job and a SICK car. Chris, Atlas Gray is soooo your color hahahaa

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Snow is great....

Until you get an awesome detail on your car and have to drive it home when it's all melting ;)

Gonna scout some locales tomorrow to take more pics. Still in awe of the job Barry did.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks awesome Barry!

What a sweet color!
Thanks bud! Rick I really fell in love with this color. After you think you see them all and then a nice color like this comes your way. Just a great color!

Makin it pop barry. Just did my 3rd cayman last week. Definatly fun cars to work on. Just got done with a Cayenne S. Now that was a bear to get right... How are you liking the 105/205 combo. You were always pretty adament about the ardex line there for the longest time. Good to see you branching out.
Jake I still like Ardex. there 1500 is a little more aggressive then m105 and my last few corrections didn't need nothing more. I really like the 205 more then the 105, but its a great combo. Thanks man!

I felt go guilty driving it home because it looked so perfect in the garage. The pics look amazing!! The car looks amazing!!

Barry, I can't thank you enough for the job you did. I am completely in awe of your skillz!!! For those who haven't had the pleasure of meeting Barry, let me tell you, one of the nicest people you will meet in your life. Just talking with him briefly and you get that he just has a passion for what he does. If you're in the area, def. hit Barry up when you need to baby your baby. He'll treat it right!!

Thanks again!!!!
Chris thanks alot for the very kind words. I am very passionate about what I do. SOmething about a nice clean car just excites me. I'm always pushing myself to raise the bar higher with each detail I do. I'm my own worst enemy. lol It was great to meet you and your wife. I told the two boys were gonna go to chili's for a guys night out and the 8 year old said he was gonna try and eat me under the table. Lmao. I am so glad that you enjoyed my work. THanks for allowing me to take care of that nice paint!!!

I know whos Cayman will be going there soon :)

Great shots of a great job and a SICK car. Chris, Atlas Gray is soooo your color hahahaa
I was actually talking to Chris about how I really liked the way the Cayman sits and looks. He said you traded your 911 in for one. Tough call between which one I really like more. The cayman is has such nice curves! I look foward to seeing your car in my shop!!!!

Great job, Barry! Look at all that snow! Man I miss it :(
Thanks Aaron. Thats was just a little snow!

wow looks incredible!
Thanks for the kinds words!

looks great barry! I gotta call you about those floor mat films. We need to buy some sooner than later
There awesome to have!! Thanks Marc. Call me anytime!!

I'm cringing just THINKING about that. :(

Car turned out great, congrats! As usual, Barry does a stellar job..
Thanks Bud!!

Great work, Barry!!! Nice to see some newly completed work!!!
You haven't seen anything yet!!!! I got a nice one coming real soon!!!:lol:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Barry just now looked at the thread, great job and it looks like you worked out the camera bugs on your new camera as the picks look crisp!.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts