Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm having major headaches getting my 2004 GT to sync with my iPhone5, the car has the privacy unit but no separate handset in the other armrest.

Does anybody know what the original phone was that went in that arm? Was it the old Nokia 6310?

I've looked at the Dice installation but don't want to add another microphone or mess about disconnecting the CD changer...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
513 Posts
Jimmy, this is a common headache. Our 2006 Flying Spur also does not have the 'other' handset phone, but you would not want it anyway. Bentley has a 'compatible phone' list on their website, however most of those phones have been outdated for years.
I explored this problem, and why my iPhone would not sync properly with the Flying Spur blutooth (both the phone and the car would say the syn was complete, but calls could not be made from the system and no tele-audio would play through). The unfortunate answer came to be that the earlier Bentleys use an older system that is incompatible with most modern smart phones.

My goal was Bluetooth audio and phone functionality, but like you I greatly dislike external gizmos cluttering up the console area. At the moment I am still trying to find a solution to this, but as a remedy to iPhone music playback I would recommend the factory iPod integration kit (someone told me last year that it may or may not be compatible with 1st year Continental GTs, I would recommend calling your local dealership and finding this out). Installed the part costs $650 which is comparable to what these other aftermarket solutions would cost. With this you can at least plug in your 5 with Apple's dock adapter and have it charging.

Good luck and sorry I could not give you a better answer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sketch, I had a word with my local Bentley dealer yesterday and they were actually really helpful, they said they can just replace the Bluetooth system with the ones in all the new models for about £1300 (around $2000) and that would also include the iPod integration. I know it's a lot of money, but it's not more than a full set of tyres on our F430 and this is being used daily so we really need the phone set up properly.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It's the exact same system as was in the old touareg have alook at the Volkswagen side of things you'll finds. Much cheaper solution.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Thanks Sketch, I had a word with my local Bentley dealer yesterday and they were actually really helpful, they said they can just replace the Bluetooth system with the ones in all the new models for about £1300 (around $2000) and that would also include the iPod integration. I know it's a lot of money, but it's not more than a full set of tyres on our F430 and this is being used daily so we really need the phone set up properly.
This is very good and interesting news... In fact I'm going to PM you right now as I'm curious about this bluetooth retrofit!

Bradley

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I guess I missed this the first time around. Pre-2007 models are notorious for this. Any dealership should offer a new phone core that will support the iPhone ($2,000 is pretty standard)--either that, or you can give the car its own sim and have your iphone forward calls to that number while you're in the car.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I'm surprised the dealer didn't say to just buy a new Bentley. :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
I guess I missed this the first time around. Pre-2007 models are notorious for this. Any dealership should offer a new phone core that will support the iPhone ($2,000 is pretty standard)--either that, or you can give the car its own sim and have your iphone forward calls to that number while you're in the car.
I have asked everyone in the service department about this, and literally not one person knows anything about this. :-( sigh. Thank you for chiming in though!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just wanted to chime in as a previous Phaeton W12 owner. The Dice module works on the '04 Continental GT.
Pay for shipping, you can have mine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You need to get the New Bentley ipod/bluetooth integration kit. It's about $1,400. I tried the dice media bridge and it's a waste of money. In addition you want be careful because the older Bentley cars use a CD system while the later cars use a DVD system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts