Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NON of these pictures are mine!!!

Sorry that some pics are small, and some are way too big :p I don't know how to resize them...and there are 18 in total weird that he gave an error when I inserted only 19 images...

These are a few I got from a spotting website, if there is a pic from yours that you don't want to share on this site, comment below I'll remove it! :D

·
Registered
531 Posts
You probably should not apply your own watermark to someone else's image unless you have been given permission. That's kind of a big faux pas with content online. Share it if you want - preferrably with permission - but don't tag it as your own even if you are the one hosting it. I'd be fairly upset if you did that with my stuff and I'm not even a professional.

>8^)
ER

·
5,744 Posts
L4P is becoming a breeding ground for new bloggers, pushing traffic to their sites.

-Markus-

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You probably should not apply your own watermark to someone else's image unless you have been given permission. That's kind of a big faux pas with content online. Share it if you want - preferrably with permission - but don't tag it as your own even if you are the one hosting it. I'd be fairly upset if you did that with my stuff and I'm not even a professional.

>8^)
ER
All spotting websites put watermarks on the picture, all the members of the site do know that! And they upload the pictures by themselves! It's not a static website where content gets stolen!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
L4P is becoming a breeding ground for new bloggers, pushing traffic to their sites.

-Markus-
It's not my site, I'm the friend of the administrator and comments like these piss me off! We just discovered this website some days ago because content from our site was on this site without permission! We know that because the user from our site saw his pictures (that he only uploaded on our site) on other sites! And the source was coming from l4p! To make balans we're posting content that is not advertising at all! Those watermarks are on all the pics from the site!

The website is only young (1-2 months old) and it got plenty of traffic! It's not a blog as well! It's a dynamic website, we know what we do!

·
Registered
531 Posts
All spotting websites put watermarks on the picture, all the members of the site do know that! And they upload the pictures by themselves! It's not a static website where content gets stolen!
Apologies then for the implication. I was led to believe that when you started your post with the comment: "NON of these pictures are mine!!!" Then added: "These are a few I got from a spotting website, if there is a pic from yours that you don't want to share on this site, comment below I'll remove it!"

Those words together certainly gave me the impression you had found these pictures in various locations on the web and injected them into your own website. That's not an uncommon occurrence these days even though it should be.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Apologies then for the implication. I was led to believe that when you started your post with the comment: "NON of these pictures are mine!!!" Then added: "These are a few I got from a spotting website, if there is a pic from yours that you don't want to share on this site, comment below I'll remove it!"

Those words together certainly gave me the impression you had found these pictures in various locations on the web and injected them into your own website. That's not an uncommon occurrence these days even though it should be.

>8^)
ER
These pictures are "injected" by spotters on that site....jeezz

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Well here you go starting on the wrong foot already. If some one took images from your site and posted it on here it doesnt mean you get to promote your site here. We do not take any images from any entity without permission so it must be a member and not the L4P team. Also just because people post pictures on your site it does NOT mean you get to slap your logo on it and redistribute it. Trust me I know. Either way L4P team is always here to support all car enthusiast but I am really not liking your tone. So strike one. Carry on.

It's not my site, I'm the friend of the administrator and comments like these piss me off! We just discovered this website some days ago because content from our site was on this site without permission! We know that because the user from our site saw his pictures (that he only uploaded on our site) on other sites! And the source was coming from l4p! To make balans we're posting content that is not advertising at all! Those watermarks are on all the pics from the site!

The website is only young (1-2 months old) and it got plenty of traffic! It's not a blog as well! It's a dynamic website, we know what we do!

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
You shouldn't be apologizing. He should. For his crappy tone.

I just apologized for my earlier comment and explained my reasoning and you are still going to come back with an attitude? Wow...

>8^|
ER

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Well here you go starting on the wrong foot already. If some one took images from your site and posted it on here it doesnt mean you get to promote your site here. We do not take any images from any entity without permission so it must be a member and not the L4P team. Also just because people post pictures on your site it does NOT mean you get to slap your logo on it and redistribute it. Trust me I know. Either way L4P team is always here to support all car enthusiast but I am really not liking your tone. So strike one. Carry on.
This, and not to mention this is a forum, if we post someone else's content on here, they should be happy about getting airtime...thats what watermarks are for.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
did you ever know that YOU guys did get me here! Because a couple months ago we didn't put watermarks on the pictures, just a week ago pictures from our site were out on multiple websites coming from luxury4play! Why we know that? Because the person who posted that pictures was invited by a moderator from the site! That "guy" (won't tell his name) made a thread on this forum, telling he found the images from a website without telling what site or whatsoever!

This pissed all of us! He didn't even contacted us back! (=the one who posted the pictures)

Now tell me if this aint stealing? To prevent this we put watermarks on images!

and btw what's the problem with that! I'm just sharing it! Everyone can do that! And why are you telling me that this is my website? Just because all the pics are coming from that place?

btw my English is my third language.....so I didn't get the point of his reply!

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
^ your english can suck all it wants...its your attitude thats all kinds of FUCKED up...and with only 21 posts come on now...

Reactions: DLM
1 - 20 of 28 Posts