Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got an 06 SLR, we've had a few SLRs in the past, but this one I have decided to make my new project. It starts its journey as a Silver over 300SL Red 2006....Looking to do a full wrap and some new shoes to start. This is one of my first posts and wanted to intro myself and the car project at the same time... Been looking forward to doing this project for some time... I know the minds and creativity in L4P are going to be the best team effort I can find.
I was thinking a Rosso Corsa Red wrap or a white (possibly matte white) with black stripe (ala Hamann Volcano style).

I was thinking the HRE or Adv.1 black 20s...Please share photos or some other choices. Would love to hear back. I will post pictures shortly as a starting point. Future plans RennTech or EvoSport pulley kit airbox and cats.
Thanks for all the ideas in advance and I am happy to be part of L4P.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
welcome. and what he said ^^^^

·
Registered
372 Posts
Welcome! Lets see pictures, and do you have pictures of your previous SLRs? My cousin is in the market for one as a daily, actually....so I'd love to see your car before/after!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are some bare photos of the SLR. As I said earlier, looking for input from the 4 but I was thinking maybe a matte white wrap or Rosso Corsa Red....Power options possibly RennTech or EvoSport cats and pulley kits...Rims would be HRE or ADV.1, I am open to other suggestions.

Attachments

·
BORN 2 WIN™
1,962 Posts
RENNtech all the way!!! :)

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Renntech FTW

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've had 2 SLRs before, this has been a project I've wanted to do for awhile, but the right SLR just came along and I had to snag it and sink my teeth in...I think the Renntech stage 2 kit would work :D

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Matte white ftw.

Beauty you've got there. And you will not go wrong with ADV1's or HRE's. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Looking forward to watching this beast evolve into a monster

·
958 Posts

depending how aggressively you drive your car, i would proceed with caution. the SLR is sensitive to wheel changes (non stock) and you can upset the handling, especially at high speeds.

i would make sure wherever you purchase the wheels from that they will take them back if the car does not handle like it should.

talk to other SLR owners about their aftermarket wheels.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts