Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, thought I'd throw up some of the photos from my house renovation. I've been meaning to do this since I joined the 6 and TS but have never got around to compiling all the photos in one place.

I've been following with great interest MTK's new home and absoultely love the progress and design concept(s). It looks like it will be a beautiful home, which is better than some of the "houses" people build.

I've been doing this since January 2005 and have pretty much finished at the moment. The house is on the market and I'm thinking of moving to either get a place on the Harbour, or stay out where I am and design a new place and build from scratch (the Mrs is an Industrial and Interior designer).

Anyway the break down works as follows.

January 2005 ---> August 2005: Interior demolition and renovation
Feburary 2006---> May 2006: Exterior landscaping, pool renovation and carport build
November 2006---> March 2007: Exterior landscaping works including sandstone feature carved from hand, privacy wall from street to hide cars and plants
April 2007 ----> March 2008: Filling of backyard with landfill to re turf over to make land a little more easy to mow. March 2008 culminated in laying 850 sq m of turf in 2 days.

Anyways. Here we go.

January 2005: A blank canvas

Entrance from the driveway

Downstairs bathroom

Upstairs main bathroom

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Previous ensuite from Master bedroom

Downstairs TV room.

Kitchen through to dining room

Dining room. You can see the lounge off to the left, love the arches aye :)

Lounge room, this is from the entry to the house

·
Co-Founder
8,885 Posts
OMG - Good luck! wow what a task!

·
Co-Founder
8,885 Posts
What's the ETA on completion?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's the ETA on completion?
Pretty much done. Or 98% done depending on if I sell or stay, just trying to get all the photos uploaded and sort through them all and work out which ones to post!

wow, i'm impressed, I love projects like this....

can't wait to see more photos!
Thanks! The pink walls just weren't doing it for me anymore

very very nice, looking forward to see it complete.

Good luck.

Alex...

Pool area, all the gardens were overgrown

View from one of the upstairs bedrooms

Alternate shot of property from same bedroom

Interior demolitions begin.

Cut out the existing archways and replaced with beam. Also Blackbutt timber for flooring

Removed two walls in this photo below. One on the right where you can see the exposed brickwork and one straight ahead that separated the kitchen from the dining.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
post 3

Creation/extension of new ensuite from previous ensuite and main bathroom, this is the new ensuite for the master bedroom. By knocking the wall down and combining the existing ensuite and main bathroom the size of the proposed ensuite more than doubled in size.

You can see where the new main bathroom is going past the gyprock wall in this photo below, also visible is new copper piping for water provisions

Guts of new main bathroom

The downstairs flooring begins to be put down

While this is on going George starts cracking on and begins painting the outside

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
post 4

Upstairs main bathroom outlook

Outdoor seating area off downstairs slate floored TV room. This also fronts onto the private courtyard at the front of the house. Check out the three different type of hard surfaces! Two different pavers and some lovely concrete.

Master ensuite outlook

Skipping ahead a bit... The interior painting begins, the house had a lot of pink and green rooms previously. Laying the base coat

Master bedroom

Downstairs bathroom

Some progress. Tiling begins on the bathrooms... This is the main upstairs bathroom upstairs. The tile supplied had some special protectant on them to stop them being scratched in transport. It took the builder 2 days to remove it all from all the tiles using some special powder that looked like talcum powder.

The spa bath installed

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
comin out clean! keep us posted!
Thanks! :)

The downstairs TV room. I had the wall rendered to cover over the exposed brick work and had the archway cut out of the door. The support beams were also painted a neutral colour.

Upstairs main bathroom.

Ensuite all gyprocked and ready for tiles

Bi fold doors installed in TV room to give walkthrough access from the private courtyard to pool area and backyard

Home office finished and awaiting furniture

Complete ready to move in

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Skipping ahead in the build to the finished product. New roof lining and down lights installed throughout

Furniture arrives after 8 months storage

Kitchen has ceasar stone benches with Blum self closing draws and (obvious benchtop returns which are the one thing I would rethink)

Also used glass splash backs for the kitchen

Other downstairs TV room, note that the support beams aren't an eye sore anymore

Master bedroom

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kitchen needs a center island :thumb:

Home looks much better :coolpics:
Yeah had some debate about that, in the end I use the bench return

definitely looks much better....
Thanks, wouldn't be too hard though would it!

Looking very nice what part of the country is this home located, in the first couple of photographs I would have guess Santa Barbara but with all the brick work I don't think this is California.

Your right, its Sydney, Australia

Ensuite

Open double shower

Main bathroom

Crappy but best shot I have or can find, shower is to the right just behind the wall

1 - 20 of 65 Posts