Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Looking for info on a '95 Lotus Esprit- There is one near me asking $25,900

Car is in great shape with 80K miles. Does anyone have any experience with the car? How easy is it to find parts etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Next to the Countach, the Esprit was one of my childhood dream cars. My neighbors had an '88 Commemorative edition, one of only a couple sold in Canada. The demise of that car was a sorry tale of spoiled excess. The Julian Thompson design is on my short list of "to be owned" vehicles.

·
Registered
228 Posts
good choice man! my dad had a lotus for a few years it was beauty

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just sold my 95 S4 on ebay.. for an astonishingly sad $10,000. Goodnight sweet princess, you will be missed..

Now would I recommend this car to anyone? HELL NO... not unless you are an aspiring lotus mechanic, have an inordinate amount of time to dedicate towards fixing the car, or can easily dedicate $10k per year towards keeping it running.

The good points.. the car is a complete and utter animal to drive.. think strapping yourself to a cruise missile and launching it. I have own many cars that were faster in every way yet nothing can match this cars unique ability to make passengers soil themselves out of terror. Coupled to the fact that your butt is sitting about 6" off the pavement and you have practically no outward visibility and you have yourself one heck of a plaything.

PS. 80k miles is a little to many for this car unless the engine and transmission have been recently rebuilt.

·
Registered
34 Posts
PyroLume-

10K for a S4....wow.

I have seen them recently go for as high as 38K.

What kind of issues did you have that required 10K each year to maintain? I've had mine going on 9 years and besides the C service, I change the fluids regularly and my S4 and do not see yearly bills north of 1000 bucks depending on what maintenance/upgrades I may do.
Jason

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
PyroLume-

10K for a S4....wow.

I have seen them recently go for as high as 38K.

What kind of issues did you have that required 10K each year to maintain? I've had mine going on 9 years and besides the C service, I change the fluids regularly and my S4 and do not see yearly bills north of 1000 bucks depending on what maintenance/upgrades I may do.
Jason
I think your mixing two different cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts