Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
3,200 Posts
New Video - 1994 Firebird Formula

I picked up this beauty this morning. Isnt much compared to the incredible exotics but it's my first true sports car, and i'm geeked! Lt1 with a 6 speed. Only 65,000 miles on it and it shows in the interior and engine bay. I'll be doing modifications, of course. I HATE the rims, so i'd love any suggestions you might have on some replacements. They do have brand new tires on them, which is always a plus. I joined a F-Body forum but I was really just excited to share with the L4Phamily. :D

First 3 when I went to look at it

At my house - she's due for a MEAN detail and buff/wax - owner didnt do much exterior maitnence. Shoot me a PM AutoLavish, i've been very curious what the price would run :whistle:

Exhaust, putting her in the garage.

YouTube - Donuts in the Bird
Embed's never seem to work for me, but if someone could help out, i appreciate it. Otherwise, link above. ;)

·
Banned
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turns out these things are harder to find rims for then I thought. Maybe i'll come across some by next summer.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
should be VERY easy to get rims...even some vette ZR1 looking rims should be on craigslist for cheap...

STS makes rear turbo kits- easy install...

Lots of blower options.....

i would do head work, intake work, rockers and the GM847 cam....ummmm that cam is nasty...would rev towards 8k and should make over 420 at the wheel

also SPEC is the clutch to go with.....

short shifter is cheap and easy.....so is the skip shift thing.......I would also put some sub frame stuff on it...( ive seen dashes crack!)

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Congratulations. Main thing is have fun that new ride. Drive the tires off first then get you some new wheels and tires.

White Out used one of these for a rally and had zero issues. His was tuned and made decent HP and held up in extreme conditions. I'd ask him...

·
Banned
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It does have a small exhaust leak in front of the catalytic converter, so I figure thats a good excuse to get headers and exhaust. :clap:

Always wondered what kind of mods you'd have to make if you wanted to go the longtube route. Obviously it wouldnt end at the same location as stock, shorties.

Found some chrome, 17' Z06 wheels on CL for $250 - no tires. Might have to jump on that.

Once I get her cleaned, buffed and waxed MrTopher and I are going to have a shoot. I'll be sure to share the new photos.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Ah... she is clean...

This is coming from a fellow LT1 owner... I had a 94 Z28. :)

ok... 1st.. check out... CamaroZ28.Com - The Ultimate Source for ALL Camaro News, Info, and Community which is without a doubt the biggest resource for 4th gen owners.

Wheels... depending on your budget... you can go with a clean set of replica ZR1 (the 5 spoke ones round ones always a great combo) you can stick 11 inchers in the back with 305 tires which looks nice and meaty.

If you want to go a bit more aftermarket.. CCW wheels makes some beatiful wheels but I am sure many of the board sponsors can accommodate you.

as far as the Catalytic converter.. get an off road pipe.. ;)

this site might also help you out a bit:

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/appearance/

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
long tubes will hang down LOW!!! and when/if you lower the car will take forever to get over speed bumps..... mids???

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
like everyone said the ZR1's look great on the 4th gen pontiac's. my brother had a 96 trans am and had the zr1's with 305's in the rear looked awesome. the 10 spoke camaro ss rims also look good, you can find both in black also.

like pip said heads cam and intake will be your friend, also a set of 3.73 gear help out a lot as well.

some subframe connectors will help make the car more ridged.

nice find btw.

·
Registered
569 Posts
nice buy! and hey your from Ann Arbor? im from Northville! Kinda close lol...

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
nice... my first car was a LS1 Trans Am, and it was one of my favorites... nothing beats a car that is fast in a straight, and only costs about $200 to fix any problem

·
Banned
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
long tubes will hang down LOW!!! and when/if you lower the car will take forever to get over speed bumps..... mids???
I'm not sure if i'll be lowering it. I like how it rides now and I dont wanna mess that up. Although, I haven't had much time to hit the twisties. ;)

like everyone said the ZR1's look great on the 4th gen pontiac's. my brother had a 96 trans am and had the zr1's with 305's in the rear looked awesome. the 10 spoke camaro ss rims also look good, you can find both in black also.

like pip said heads cam and intake will be your friend, also a set of 3.73 gear help out a lot as well.

some subframe connectors will help make the car more ridged.

nice find btw.
Ever since I've bought the car, i've wondered what gear ratio's are most common for T56's. I've used google and f-body forums, couldn't find a clear answer.

nice buy! and hey your from Ann Arbor? im from Northville! Kinda close lol...
Ann Arbor would be correct, east side. near Carpenter. I'm looking forward to next summer's drives.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
start with intake/lid and a cut out.... then i would do the skip shift thing....then a shifter.....

yes...you will want to lower it a tad with some good springs (can be found cheap and the work is easy)

having the 6 speed i would not worry about rear end gears....unless your going to "drag" it a bunch....then they can be sorted to wrap out 4th at a higher speed as u go throught the lights

·
Registered
375 Posts
start with intake/lid and a cut out.... then i would do the skip shift thing....then a shifter.....

yes...you will want to lower it a tad with some good springs (can be found cheap and the work is easy)

having the 6 speed i would not worry about rear end gears....unless your going to "drag" it a bunch....then they can be sorted to wrap out 4th at a higher speed as u go throught the lights
+1^^^^^

1 - 20 of 43 Posts