Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I read a lot of post on here about Skylines and how hard they are get into the states. Well the hard part is true but the impossible part is not right. You can and as proof I have one. The only thing is make sure you have CASH to get a car over cause it takes A LOT lol. I have had my car for a little over 3 years now and have thought about selling it for a RHD Supra, NSX or something in that ball park but just cant let go of it. Anyways here is my 1993 R33 Nissan Skyline Gts-t. I guess I will start from the very beginning.

Engine a little dirty

Then a little elbow grease.

Picked up a carbon fiber gauge pod so here is the installation.

Everything was put on and what it looked like.

Sitting on some Tein Super drift coilovers. (Next to Ditch's car)

This is a list of mods that are done to the car so far.
Tein Super Drift Coilovers.
Nismo Pro LSD TT 2 way lsd.
HICAS lock out bar.
JJR Steering Wheel.
HKS Intake.
Split Fire Coilpacks.
Bendix Ultimate Brake Pads.
Pioneer Avic Z2.
Greddy Intake Manifold.
Walbro 255 fuel pump.
Mishimoto Radiator.
Mckineey Motor Sports intercooler.
Mckineey Motor Sports piping.
Tial Q BOV.
Nismo Fuel Pressure Regultaor.
60mm GlowShift Gauges. (Boost,Oil Pressure, Water Temp)
Custom 60mm Carbon Fiber dash gauge holder.
Top Fuel Turbo timer.
Turbonetics Boost Controller.
Fuel Pressure gauge.

Now the present
Alright I was installing a spark plug in the back of the engine and the plastic piece lodged into the crease and when tightening the spark plug it went in sideways. So Mark and I re-tapped the spark plug and everything was fine. Then while everything was off we figured we mine as well just replace the gaskets so the process began.

While we were replacing the gaskets we came to another problem. Some of the turbo manifold bolts snapped off inside the engine so I had to order new ones. Yes these were the most expensive bolts I have ever bought haha. $90.00. But they do look good.

Cleaned up the cam covers and came out pretty clean.

All back together.

Still need to replace the back part of the turbo manifold Mark and I are doing that tomorrow.
Working at night on timing. (Mark under the hood)

Doing some night shots. Confused on the camera ha.
I like this pic.

BTW if you have a car I would like let me know HAHA Hope you enjoyed! :)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Keep us updated. Looks awesome. Whats your thoughts 300zx or skyline or 944 skyline. price range up to 10k. I dont know which to buy

·
Registered
570 Posts
how did you get it imported? i imported one through motorex back in 2002. i was a marine living in okinawa when i bought it so uncle sam paid to ship the car over to california. i just had to foot the bill to make it federally legal. i know 90% of the skylines in the US are basically "grey market"

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
I have a set of Volk GT-U's for a R33 GTS if interested. My buddy bought them and never put them on his car. They are 8.5/10 condition

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a set of Volk GT-U's for a R33 GTS if interested. My buddy bought them and never put them on his car. They are 8.5/10 condition
Hey how much you want for the rims I really don't got cash right now but I may be able to sell my extra Nismo Pro LSD tt for it lol.

This car I had a guy from Tennessee help me import it. Not a "Gray Market" car has been registered and titled in SC, NC and DE So east coast is great for this car lol. CA I am not sure about cause of their regulations. I mean everything is clean on the car. I remember that whole thing that was going on about importations of Skylines and how much harder it is getting them over. I'm just waiting for the prices to start rising! lol.

I will try and keep everyone updated as I am trying to get another car as a DD I have a E30 but not wanting it anymore. I am trying to get into the whole VIP scene which I really like. Should be getting a 1999 Infiniti Q45.

I really don't want to get rid of this car but if I get offered a car that I can't refuse or car with cash psh there is always money that can get rid of LOVE hahahaha.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Skylines were legal to import until about 8 months ago. Today, there is no legal way even if done as a kit car. Several skyline owners who have not met DOT/EPA ratings or US VIN #s have been crushed. There are only 20 100% bone-legal Skyline GTRs in USA. There are more than 100 GTST and GTTs here that don't matter.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
what is the difference between a gtr and gts?
looks nice...every dyno it?
GTR is an RB26DETT inline 6, 2.6L Twin Turbo, 4wd and GTS is RB25DET inline 6, 2.5L single turbo. GTS engines are weak where as a GTR RB26 can handle 800hp on factory internals.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah Gtr's are nice but not what I wanted. I like RWD cars. That and there is like a 40k difference in price with my car and a GTR. Not to mention I can just swap a RB26, convert to AWD or keep RWD and it would be lighter lol. Id rather just keep it sideways. ;) But I am looking to push around 600 when done. Rb25 is good for around 500 stock internals then you have to build. Either way, I got my dream car lol.:clap:

No I never have dynoed the car. They make like 270 stock so I am going to say around 325.... Give or take a couple HP's lol.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
thats cool..I never knew they came in only rwd...I would rather have rwd also. awd is too safe lol...not enough funfactor.

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
Hey how much you want for the rims I really don't got cash right now but I may be able to sell my extra Nismo Pro LSD tt for it lol.

This car I had a guy from Tennessee help me import it. Not a "Gray Market" car has been registered and titled in SC, NC and DE So east coast is great for this car lol. CA I am not sure about cause of their regulations. I mean everything is clean on the car. I remember that whole thing that was going on about importations of Skylines and how much harder it is getting them over. I'm just waiting for the prices to start rising! lol.

I will try and keep everyone updated as I am trying to get another car as a DD I have a E30 but not wanting it anymore. I am trying to get into the whole VIP scene which I really like. Should be getting a 1999 Infiniti Q45.

I really don't want to get rid of this car but if I get offered a car that I can't refuse or car with cash psh there is always money that can get rid of LOVE hahahaha.
$900 for the 17" GT-U's. Silver face, Polish lip.

just an fyi, you know that Federal laws supercede state laws, right?

was the car converted to meet DOT and NHSTA regulations? do you have the Bond release papers for the car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
$900 for the 17" GT-U's. Silver face, Polish lip.

just an fyi, you know that Federal laws supercede state laws, right?

was the car converted to meet DOT and NHSTA regulations? do you have the Bond release papers for the car?

Yes sir, I do. Yeah man 900 is to steep for me. I would just get some Work Equips.

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
Yes sir, I do.
Interesting because you said you had the car imported 3 years ago. That would be 2007.

In 2005, NHSTA changed the Skyline GTS/GTR Import eligibility list. I posted that info a bit further down

If you have a motorex car and the work was done by JK Technologies, you are very lucky! However if its not, you are mis-informed. Your car was illegally registered in your state. States dont know the laws, heck 99% of the skylines on the street are titled and have plates. Mostly FL, AZ and a few others. They are all illegal on a Federal level which supercedes state levels. pre-96 Skylines are NOT LEGAL for importation after 2005. Simple as that.

Again, this info is to better inform you.

NHSTA website said:
"Import eligibility decisions are made on a make, model, and model year basis. NHTSA has determined that the R33 Model Nissan GTS and GTR ("Skyline") passenger cars manufactured between January 1, 1996 and June 30, 1998 are eligible for importation and has assigned vehicle eligibility number VCP-32 to those vehicles. (The import eligibility number is to be entered on the HS-7 Declaration form that is to be given to Customs at the time of entry, and alerts Customs that the vehicle may be lawfully imported by an RI or by a person who has a contract with an RI, even though the vehicle is not certified by its manufacturer as complying with all applicable FMVSS.)"

Importation and Certification FAQ's Directory--Appendix

·
Registered
570 Posts
AMS mike you are 100% correct. so many people think that just cause a business helped them import their car and they have a plate and title from "______" state then it is legal. Im not saying for sure that is the case with JAH's car but 99% of the skylines i have seen in the US are NOT DOT legal cars. I had motorex import mine back in 2003 and i did not want to pay their hefty price so I did quite a bit of research before hand and found that if you wanted a legit legal car then, there was no other choice. the DOT prints a list of cars that are eligible for importation and who is licensed to perform the mods.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey guys mine may be only state depending on state but I contacted the guy because if its not then there is a lawsuit his way lol. As he stated it was 50 state legal. Ill let you know what he says. As I have all the paper work and the bill of sale that states it. Anyways I think Motorex are the ones who got caught changing vins right? So I don't think they are aloud to import anymore.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts