Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 1972, at the age of 18, my father scaled the rows of automobiles at the annual New York Auto Show. An avid automobile enthusiast, and oblivious to the pending oil crisis that began later that year, his eyes fixated upon a menacing black Lamborghini Miura SV.

The Miura SV was the flagship of the Lamborghini model line and probably the most exotic car of its time. Although #5024 was no ordinary Miura SV. It was specially prepared by Lamborghini for its USA distributor Modena Racing. Special interior, paint, louvers, and modifications were tailored to make this one of the most unique Lamborghini Miura SV's built.

My grandfather Jacques Temerian, an Armenian immigrant who's financial success graced his family and friends, did not hesitate in purchasing the vehicle for his son. For over 38 years the car has remained in my family. Never venturing to any car shows and only traveling 7,000 miles its entire life. It is an original time capsule of one of the most magnificent automobiles built.

Maintaining its mechanical originality and the original pigskin leather interior the car has undergone a concours paint restoration for over 10 years. Near to completion (Jan 2011), I recently invited Vinny Russo of Lamborghini North America to view the collection. I will gather more photos and have the pleasure of slowly sharing the car with everyone and eventually displaying it at a Pebble or Amelia. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
This an amazing story John. More pics please and thank you for sharing.

·
Banned
3,661 Posts
nice!! we need more!

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
This an amazing story John. More pics please and thank you for sharing.
this. thats a fanastic story. did you get your own lambo at 18? :whistle:

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
arrrggggg now im ready!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A little teaser of the interior. Shooting a few more pictures this weekend and I am going to scan a bunch of period photos as well!!

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A few more updates today. Removed some of the protective fabric sheets from the dash and steering wheel. We start all the cars once a month. The Jaguar XKE, Countach, Diablo and the Miura SV are all using a higher octane SUNOCO GT Unleaded race fuel which does not go bad over time as regular fuel does. It also is very similar to the original pump gas that an enthusiast could buy in 1972. It does evaporate very quickly and is over $5.00 a gallon!!

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From my understanding and confirmed by the factory and Valentino Balboni many aspects of the interior are one-off including the original hyde. It is a very pungent shade of saddle colored pig skin leather.

What I find amazing about this car is all the switches, levers, have never been replaced. It could potentially be a blueprint for other Miura SV restorations and/or documentation. Every switch displays a beautiful and rare patina.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
While un-original the radio happens to be a period correct (1970s) Blaupunkt Berlin 8000. You can see its unique stalk coming from the passenger side. At the time it was simple yet very state of art. Very advanced for 1972.

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Dying to see more and dare I say a video clip of it turning over and firing up from a COLD START.... :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts