Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Been a while since I posted. Recently picked up a new toy to go with the RUF. Totally different animal, but a ton of fun.

Not crazy about the paint scheme given it's not a real shelby, but it'll do for now...

Hope everyone's well.

Kevin

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Love it. Miss my 65 Notchback. :(
Even if it's just a GT350 clone, it'll still turn heads because it is a fastback.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Nice addition! I actually looked into that car when it was posted for sale awhile back, from what I recall it was well sorted out. Enjoy!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice addition! I actually looked into that car when it was posted for sale awhile back, from what I recall it was well sorted out. Enjoy!
The car was just finished and the previous owner did some nice work. If I had to do it over though I probably would have started with a less well sorted car given all the work I just had done.

New heads, carb, cams, rockers, distributor, traction bar, sub frame connectors, glass, fuel cell, complete 9'' currie rear end, front and rear brakes, seats, guages, etc.

I think she's in good shape now!

Kevin

·
Registered
883 Posts
Very nice!!! Love the interior!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will try and get some vids soon. She's a blast to drive.

one more pic after the rear end and rear disc brakes were added although they are tough to see....

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hey Kevin, is that a Currie rear end? What config did you go with? I need to pick up a 9 for my 65 and trying to decide which way to go. Cheers

Scott

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Scott,
Yep it's a Currie rear end. I ended up going with 9+ True Trac 3rd member, 3.70 differential, 12.5'' wilwood brakes, currie performance axle package, and 9+ heavy duty housing.

Love the set up. Not sure what transmission you're running, but with my 5-speed Tremec the 3.70 diff is perfect.

Kevin

·
Registered
851 Posts
Great info, thanks! I just swapped out the Top Loader 4 with a Tremec 5, so your set up sounds ideal! Are you in Nor Cal? If so we'll have to get the stangs together some time.

Cheers

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep. I'm in the east bay. Would love to get together.

I had a top loader as well, but when I went to the 3:70 diff I was buzzing on the freeway even at 60 mph. The 5 speed makes a world of difference and in the lower gears I'm always in the power band.

Kevin

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
AFR heads, 58cc.... what's the static CR going to be? 11:1 ? I've been using Edel. Performer RPMs at 60cc for a 10.3:1 on flattops w/valve reliefs. They only have a 175cc capacity in the runners. Note sure if you have the 185 or 205 AFRs there.

You gotta come down to SR sometime. I'd like to see! You'd also be welcome at Livermore's Rock House Sports bar for Saturday breakfasts!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
whats wrong with the paint combination!? haha i think its absolutely perfect!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts