Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dad picked up a new winter car for up north and got a 15 S4 with everything but the titanium package as it wasnt available anywhere in the country with his specific color combo. Car drives really nice but imo really needs the $1800 APR tune & pulley kit to liven up the motor somewhere around 430hp and 400tq. Also looking to get some new wheels for it as he isnt thrilled over the ones on it. Thinking about finding a new set of oem 19's or classy dark grey or black sub 28lbs but his goal with it is keep it looking like a sleeper. the nav system is really cool in the fact that it uses google earth in 3d while you drive so you can actually look at buildings and gas stations as you pass them to find the street your looking for etc but what pisses me off to no end is it does not has an aux jack for hooking up your phone or mp3, you also CANT stream music from bluetooth WTH! Deffinately going to have hooligan vids coming up for this car in winter on these unplowed country roads
video review coming soon

·
Registered
23 Posts
Love the interior. Yeah, if "sleeper" is what he is going for, then sleeper is what he has. I'm personally missing the flared wheel wells, 20" wheels, lower stance, and body side rails of the S4's of the past...

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Congrats to your dad on buying a fantastic car. It's no pig stock, but the tune/pulley certainly takes it up to another level.

I'd suggest you go with GIAC or REVO though as there are some problems with the APR software not making any extra power on the 2014s. I'd assume the same is true for the 2015 as they haven't figured it out yet. They were also just purchased by an equity firm as things have not been going well for them. I would avoid their software at this time.

Also, both of the aforementioned REVO and GIAC tunes also include DSG software which makes manual mode TRUE manual (no auto upshift or downshifting), faster shifts, better launch control, etc... APR has not released a DSG tune yet.

Love the interior. Yeah, if "sleeper" is what he is going for, then sleeper is what he has. I'm personally missing the flared wheel wells, 20" wheels, lower stance, and body side rails of the S4's of the past...
No S4 in the last two decades has had flared wheel wells/widebody or 20" wheels.

But the B8 does look extremely tame with the factory 18s. Those shouldn't have even been an option IMO, 99% of people get the 19" peelers.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
That's a really nice pick up.

Yeah kinda strange no Bluetooth streaming for music; I was pleasantly surprised my Bimmer could do that and also has AUX jack, but at the expense of no blind spot indicators and no headlight washers in Canadian spec cars (!).

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd suggest you go with GIAC or REVO though as there are some problems with the APR software not making any extra power on the 2014s. I'd assume the same is true for the 2015 as they haven't figured it out yet. They were also just purchased by an equity firm as things have not been going well for them. I would avoid their software at this time.

Also, both of the aforementioned REVO and GIAC tunes also include DSG software which makes manual mode TRUE manual (no auto upshift or downshifting), faster shifts, better launch control, etc... APR has not released a DSG tune yet.

Thanks. The up shifting is lame and doesn't let you shift it below 2200 rpm or so which is annoying. I will advise him to consider those tunes asap.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Thanks. The up shifting is lame and doesn't let you shift it below 2200 rpm or so which is annoying. I will advise him to consider those tunes asap.
Sure. Also to clarify, the REVO DSG software is the only one that blocks auto upshift and kickdown. GIAC does everything else but that.

Also the 2013+ do have bluetooth music streaming.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The interior looks fantastic. Some close family friends have the S4 and absolutely love it. I drove a 2013 and it is so smooth and relatively quick. I've been getting attracted to Audi's a lot lately and have developed a liking for the S5's. However, I can't justify getting one or the S4 cause of the performance drop I'll take going from my C63 AMG. Now the RS5 may be worth the switch, if I can find one locally that is. Have a few other options in mind so time will tell I suppose.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I personally want an RS4.
I'm digging the interior color scheme; I'm a sucker for red interiors.
Friend's APR S4 was pretty fun until he crashed it into a tree :(

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
The interior looks fantastic. Some close family friends have the S4 and absolutely love it. I drove a 2013 and it is so smooth and relatively quick. I've been getting attracted to Audi's a lot lately and have developed a liking for the S5's. However, I can't justify getting one or the S4 cause of the performance drop I'll take going from my C63 AMG. Now the RS5 may be worth the switch, if I can find one locally that is. Have a few other options in mind so time will tell I suppose.
The RS 5 is slow, a tune/pulley'd S4 is faster.

The C63 will still be faster than a tuned S4 if you have the P31/507 package or a tune, but otherwise the S4 is right there with it. At Stage 2 car generally makes about 375whp, assuming a typical 300whp baseline.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I do have P31 however our elevation here in Alberta eats up a lot of hp. So for all I know turboed s4 and s5 might feel the same up here. Technically rhe c63 has 481hp but at our elevation I am guessing it looses at least a 100. :(

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I do have P31 however our elevation here in Alberta eats up a lot of hp. So for all I know turboed s4 and s5 might feel the same up here. Technically rhe c63 has 481hp but at our elevation I am guessing it looses at least a 100. :(
A HUNDRED HORSEPOWER loss? That seems pretty steep.
Anyways, turbocharged cars can compensate for "thinner air," but the turbo itself will work even harder increasing boost pressure.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well I haven't officially gotten it dyno'ed but just reading around the MB forums it doesn't seem too much far off. Guess we will never know. The closest place to sea level from my location is at 11 or so hour drive. Unless I do the long road trip, I will never know how it feels different to push it at sea level and our level.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It does suck big time. Cause technically the car has 481hp and I am only really putting down 330hp. That's 151hp difference! Don't get me wrong, it feels quick as hell still but just leaves you wondering how actual 481 horses would feel like lol.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
It does suck big time. Cause technically the car has 481hp and I am only really putting down 330hp. That's 151hp difference! Don't get me wrong, it feels quick as hell still but just leaves you wondering how actual 481 horses would feel like lol.
P31 puts down like 380whp stock I think, so you're really only losing like 50hp to altitude. But it's still a huge difference.

·
Registered
96 Posts
LOL you make it look like I was talking to myself! :p

Let's just say 380 is a lot better than 330 lol. Either way, it's the torque of these that I really like.

EDIT: Enough thread jack though, sorry OP. Love the S4, enjoy it in good health.

·
Registered
506 Posts
This car does stream via bluetooth. I rented an A4 while I was in Canada for work & it literally took me 30 minutes to figure out how to connect my phone. I don't remember how, but if you read the manual it'll direct you to the right place. Even after I read the manual I still had to fool with it for a minute. It's the most ass backwards way to connect via bluetooth.

Nice pickup by the way.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This car does stream via bluetooth. I rented an A4 while I was in Canada for work & it literally took me 30 minutes to figure out how to connect my phone. I don't remember how, but if you read the manual it'll direct you to the right place. Even after I read the manual I still had to fool with it for a minute. It's the most ass backwards way to connect via bluetooth.

Nice pickup by the way.
Just pissed with it for a solid 20 min. Worst interface for a car ive ever been in. It doesnt even auto connect when the device is turned on when entering the car, you have to manually do it. Good news tho the B&O system is real good. Blows the brumester benz system out of the water and is probally a tick better than whatevers in my lexus

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just pissed with it for a solid 20 min. Worst interface for a car ive ever been in. It doesnt even auto connect when the device is turned on when entering the car, you have to manually do it. Good news tho the B&O system is real good. Blows the brumester benz system out of the water and is probally a tick better than whatevers in my lexus
That's what makes it a pain in the ass to figure out. If it automatically connected it'd be easier. But I knew it was there because I remember the hassle. Glad you found it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Congrats, OP! Good looking car.

I must say, however, that these S4's could really use a 'beefing up'. They just look too subdued, IMO.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts