·
Registered
5,540 Posts
When's yours coming in?

That looks so awesome.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I love the G65, but is it worth 325+K? After i reprogrammed my ECU (8 hours to do it) My G63 is 640HP and 720 lb-ft of torque...
But, the G65 is just sweet!

"2013 Matte Silver V12 BiTurbo Mercedes-Benz G65 AMG (Ibn Mansi Auto) .. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Mercedes-Benz is introducing a new G65 AMG powered by a twin-turbocharged 6.0-liter V-12. The big engine puts out 604 hp and gives a huge 738 lb-ft of torque. The G65 will not come to the United States because the expected limited sales volumes are not worth the effort of certifying the SUV for US market. Car magazines have been told the V-12 was forced into the comparatively small engine bay, which would make it difficult to certify to the United States' federal crash standards."

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I love the G65, but is it worth 325+K? After i reprogrammed my ECU (8 hours to do it) My G63 is 640HP and 720 lb-ft of torque...
But, the G65 is just sweet!
And if you reprogram the ECU in the G65 youd probably get around 775-800hp and 900+tq...... plus that insane sound of the V12!!!

if thats worth $325k... well that depends on the buyer and their net worth i guess... to some people that is not an issue at all, especially for the exclusivity of the baddest SUV on the planet.

·
Banned
3,230 Posts
And if you reprogram the ECU in the G65 youd probably get around 775-800hp and 900+tq...... plus that insane sound of the V12!!!

if thats worth $325k... well that depends on the buyer and their net worth i guess... to some people that is not an issue at all, especially for the exclusivity of the baddest SUV on the planet.
Ive never understood the obsession with the G. what makes it the baddest SUV on the planet?

·
Banned
3,230 Posts
I dont know what that means.

Is it super comfortable? Super fast? A great offroader? All of the above? Ive heard the ride isnt very good and couldnt imagine anyone taking one offroad.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts

Is it super comfortable? Super fast? A great offroader? All of the above? Ive heard the ride isnt very good and couldnt imagine anyone taking one offroad.
Watch the top gear review of the G55 and youll maybe understand.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Here's the deal... I'm on my 6th G and simply it requires no explanation. I have noticed, either you love it, or hate it, no in between.
It will out climb any Range Rover or Hummer, it's faster then any Range Rover and it's looks like no other SUV.
The Range Rover does, the Cayenne does (And, I have a TT Cayenne)
You can pull up to any valet and it's has what I call Valet Credibility...

And it's VERY aerodynamic... (that was a joke)

·
Registered
2 Posts

All of the above, watch this video and it will help you understand

1 - 19 of 19 Posts