Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What would you do? I'm car shopping for my dad, he is only like 45 years young:wink:, which makes me feel the S550 is a bit for the older crowd but the same time E63 may be to boy racer-ish for him. He is a business man and goes to his office everyday, which makes think get an S550 because it looks more business man like. But then he always goes on and on about soul where I feel, for a "dignified" and comfy sedan, a E63 excels. He DDed his weekend warrior('12 Turbo S) for a little while, loves the mpg and power but hates the ride. So what would you do if you were a 45 years young business man?
Thanks in Advance:peace:
-MjThind

·
Registered
205 Posts
There's a new E63 coming out in a year or two so I would hold off on that. There is also a new body style S-Class coming out too. I was talking to a guy at one of my local Mercedes dealer's and he said they are eliminating the CL-Class and turning it into a S-Class Coupe Class. Personally with all the new Mercedes models coming out, and all the body styles changing I would stay away from Mercedes for a year or two if you're planning on buying new.

If you want to check out something else why not a B7 Alpina?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea but he wants something now, he ends up changing his car every 2 years or so anyways

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
E63

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He isn't a huge fan of BMW's because of a bad experience with his first and last BMW, a 2009 M5 6SPD, and + the dealer by us has the shit costumer service and took his M5 for a joy ride the first time we took it in for warranty work, he sold within 2 weeks of buying it...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Definitely the E63...

BMW are too common nowadays and they have nothing exciting anyways.

·
Banned
3,230 Posts
E63.

If he's a business guy and carts around other business guys, the E63 will be a conversation starter as well and is bound to be far more impressive.

Post pics either way.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Normally, I'd say the E63, however, he has a 911 Turbo S for the weekends that he already feels is too rough. The Turbo S is known as one of the most "driveable" sports cars, so if that's too much for him on a daily basis, I'd go for the S class as a daily commuter, and take the 911 out when he feels like having a bit more fun.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
E63, he needs that soul/power and there's plenty of business looks imo. Trust me, I'm an E kinda guy ;)
I can see that, you have to.

E63. I'd do an E63 S-AMG 4Matic if possible.
He doesn't like the look of the '14's, he like the dual headlights better...

Definitely the E63...

BMW are too common nowadays and they have nothing exciting anyways.
Amen brotha, it's because they depreciate so damn fast...

E63.

If he's a business guy and carts around other business guys, the E63 will be a conversation starter as well and is bound to be far more impressive.

Post pics either way.
He doesn't usually tote around other people because 95% of the time he either flies or is asked to meet his workers at the point of meeting. Your just adding up the vote for the E63. Thanks!!!

Normally, I'd say the E63, however, he has a 911 Turbo S for the weekends that he already feels is too rough. The Turbo S is known as one of the most "driveable" sports cars, so if that's too much for him on a daily basis, I'd go for the S class as a daily commuter, and take the 911 out when he feels like having a bit more fun.
Your one of the two odd ones, lol, but you do have a commendable point. The ride is also may be rough in partial to his KW Clubsports and the shitty Cali freeways, he commutes 80 miles a day...

Bentley CGT
LOL, that would mean giving up the Turbo S, or maybe he thinks a fatty tax write off is attractive:wow2:...

AMG >regular Mercedeses
E63 does do better in the looks department... hmmm

S550 but I'd rather take a Panamera GTS.
Your the other odd one, lol, care to explain why you would choose the S550 over a E63???

Maybe...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts