Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
Didn't know about #62.

Bookmarked it as well, thanks dude. I got one quick question though - he mentions something about DryMistat; could someone please elaborate on this? I've seen it sold at a few stores, but never really looked into them.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
nice good article with great tips.

everything rings true for me.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Didn't know about #62.

Bookmarked it as well, thanks dude. I got one quick question though - he mentions something about DryMistat; could someone please elaborate on this? I've seen it sold at a few stores, but never really looked into them.
they are look humidity beads but come in a tube. basically a humidification device that you fill with distilled water. good stuff.

i myself opt for the beads in a bag or just the beads on a plate in my fridgidor. it all depends on how much of volume in your humidor you are trying to humidify.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
actually come to think of it, i think 3 things are missing:

1. buy a draw poker to help with those sometimes plugged cigars, i fake that the most and this will save your cigar:

2. retrohale(sp?), when exhaling to blow the last 10% of the smoke out of your nose to taste deeper flavors. easy to do wrong and it hurts your nose. done right, it brings out other flavors.

3. cigars will change flavors every 1/3 of the way, esp important when taking notes about a particular cigar or doing a review.

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
they are look humidity beads but come in a tube. basically a humidification device that you fill with distilled water. good stuff.

i myself opt for the beads in a bag or just the beads on a plate in my fridgidor. it all depends on how much of volume in your humidor you are trying to humidify.
Thanks for clearing it up for me. Just bought a new humidor and still setting it all up.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
actually come to think of it, i think 3 things are missing:

1. buy a draw poker to help with those sometimes plugged cigars, i fake that the most and this will save your cigar:

2. retrohale(sp?), when exhaling to blow the last 10% of the smoke out of your nose to taste deeper flavors. easy to do wrong and it hurts your nose. done right, it brings out other flavors.

3. cigars will change flavors every 1/3 of the way, esp important when taking notes about a particular cigar or doing a review.
What do you know? :lol:

·
Registered
57 Posts
...I got one quick question though - he mentions something about DryMistat; could someone please elaborate on this? I've seen it sold at a few stores, but never really looked into them.

DriMistat is not beads like (Heartfelt Beads or HCM Beads). DriMistat is "chunks" of gel that absorb water and release moisture.

The gel absorbs water until filled and then releases until dry and then needs to be wet down again.

Many people use DriMistat but they are not the best choice for regulating RH in your humidor as they will not absorb moisture from the air to maintain an RH.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
oops my bad. yep exact description.

while beads do absorb moisture from the air, you still have to maintain them by wetting them down again as the moisture is lost.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Great info!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Great list of rules!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts