Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

From article: James Bond and Iron Man effects will be the main inspiration and theme of the home. Some parts of the home will look like a reclaimed castle, while other parts will exhibit a contemporary feel. The home will also be surrounded by amazing Berghoff Design Group-landscaped gardens, including an intricate hedge maze.

Peterson Architecture faced a time crunch with a six-month deadline to design the home and get it approved. With hard work and dedication, Peterson Architecture, and the team led by architect Scott Carson AIA LEED, made that deadline with time to spare. The goal is to have the home complete in a record-breaking 2.5 years led by contractor Tom Argue, Argue Custom Homes. Peterson said, “We are up for the challenge. All of our other projects thus far have prepared us for this major project.”

With extensive experience designing night clubs, restaurants and clubhouses, Peterson Architecture is taking their business to an extreme level without compromising their quality and integrity. “We listen to what our clients want and that’s the strength of Peterson Architecture.”

The ‘smart house’ will boast an endless array of amenities including an indoor bowling alley, indoor basketball court, indoor swimming pool, underground caves, secret passages, staff quarters, the first residential IMAX movie theater, multiple interior garages, zip lines across courtyards from one part of the house to another, multiple pool complexes with waterfalls, hidden grottos, a lazy river and a three-story night club. WOWWWW!!!! Talk about over-the-top! You would never have to leave your house, it has everything you need! and is going to be a mind numbing 100,000 square feet under roof. That would easily make it the largest home in the state of Arizona and one of the largest in the country. It is being built in the hills of Silverleaf in Scottsdale, AZ. It will resemble both a Mediterranean castle and Italian hillside village.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Scottsdale huh? Gonna have to see that when/if it's built.

·
5,744 Posts
We're going to need someone to keep the updates coming on this thing. What the hell else could you want? IMAX, secret passages, grottos, indoor pools, and on and on.

-Markus-

·
5,744 Posts
also wondering whose house this is... very interested in the final build
Wouldn't mind knowing as well. It's certainly someone who doesn't need to compromise on ONE THING ha.

-Markus-

·
Registered
156 Posts
Scottsdale huh? Gonna have to see that when/if it's built.
they already started the site work using three lots, heard the construction budget is upwards of 35mill. this thing is going to make the rest of Silverleaf look like tract homes!

they will have a lovely view of the smog, LOL !!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Its cool and theres no doubt that I respect it (the resources required not to mention the sheer size)- but WHO in the hell needs- or even wants for that matter, a 100,000 sq. ft. home?! WAY too big for my taste. At that point its no longer a home, and is more of a hotel. How many rooms will NEVER be entered?! lol But this is with all due respect and I hope it turns out as ridiculous as it sounds!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
i have heard from another architect who has been working with the development company of Silverleaf since the start of DC Ranch, that this particular home is going to be around half that 45,000 square feet under roof. so not sure where the article got that figure but the way those projects change around and with that kind of bank roll it would not surprise me if the last owners meeting ended with ( well the renderings look good, but now that i think about it. lets add 55,000 sq.ft) none the less this is going to be one hell of a home, just hope that i can get a project like this to work on one day.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
i'd get hella lost in there. my friend has a 7000sq ft house and there are rooms we've never been in.
also, there better be some awesome secret passages in that house!

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
i'd get hella lost in there. my friend has a 7000sq ft house and there are rooms we've never been in.
also, there better be some awesome secret passages in that house!
I think the smallest house in my immediate area is 5k sq ft
and the largest is around 22. but most only have 4-6 bedrooms....very very large bedrooms especially the master.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
You forgot the 3 story night club :clap: I'll see if i can get any more info or pics too
I can assure you if anything else comes up, Kenny will post it. I'll tell him today we on L4P are looking out for them. He is the founder/owner of HOTR

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I thought these mega-mansions were a thing of the past...even after this economy struggle, people still want what they want I guess.

But hey, if they can actually afford it, then no reason for my comments. The project does look impressive! I hope to see photos some months from now.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Help me out here guys, what's HOTR?

The drawing does not scream Bond or Ironman at all.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
This is awesome! My dad went through a 60,000 square foot house the other day in silverleaf. Our 15,000square foot house in Fountain hills looks like a garage compared to what this will be.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts