Luxury4Play.com banner

10 Reasons Why… L.A. Is the Coolest City on the Planet

6K views 48 replies 25 participants last post by  b__ 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I can never get enough of my city. Something new to do all the time! Where else can you leave the beach and go skiing or atv in the desert in the same day? Where else can you see ten exotics on one street in like five minutes? Great food, amazing people, Incredible city. I LOVE LA

#10 ·
Me and my parents are moving my little brother into his new apartment. He starts his first year at USC next week. We are having dinner at CUT tonight and then tomorrow I'm pretty free all day but then I am partying at USC because it's pre rush. I don't go there but I have friends that can get me in. I'm pretty stoked. And couldn't go to 7 Grand... I'm 19 haha.

#11 ·
I forget you are a young pup that does what I wanted to do, oh so many years ago.

Cut is good.

Enjoy the USC girls, dem be fine as duck (minus the d add a "F")

#16 ·
even though LA has it all and is just sick, i like living in SD better:) just because youre only just under 2 hours away so if i ever wanted those thhings i just take a quick drive up and SD is just the smaller, quieter version of LA.

#17 ·
Plus Jarheads.

Funny I love SD but I am so happy to go home and get away. :)

However if I lived in Del Mar/La Jolla I would love it there as well. I don't really consider that SD.

#19 · (Edited)
Obviously I dont live in LA but I've spent quiet a bit time in the city but never got the hype. The same is 4 almost all people that I know who spent some time there no matter if it was 4 holiday or biz - they all say the same- They think its rather boring, way too much traffic, smock, too much crime and nothing rather special over all.

To me its somehow like LeMans- its got that certain reputation and from films and music you know it should be cool but in essence its just all very simple.

But again, thats just me and I dont live there.

#20 ·
Obviously I dont live in LA but I've spent quiet a bit time in the city but never got the hype. The same is 4 almost all people that I know who spent some time there no matter if it was 4 holiday or biz - they all say the same- They think its rather boring, way too much traffic, smock, too much crime and nothing rather special over all.
The discussion is to Live in LA, not to vacation in LA.

LA sucks for a vacation ;)

I hate all the places that tourists go.

#30 · (Edited)
Every city has shitty parts. Let me broaden my point of view and say.. I love Southern California. There is every kind of food here. Every kind of culture. Sweet cars to drool over, waves to surf, mountains to hike, lakes to fish, etc. etc.... I love it here. But yeah..Tourists go to the same places and get a huge dissapointment. Instead of visiting the stars on H Wood Blvd and the ghey Characters in fron of the Chinease Theatre go eat on Sunset at Clafoutis or watch a movie at El Capitan. Shit catch the Jimmy Kimmel live show for fun while you are at it!

And on the Dubai subject mentioned earlier..I know I will love it there. Planning a trip already with my friend Avi.

#34 ·
i enjoy LA, and frequent Seven Grand/Bottega Louis regularly but having grown up in Maine near the ocean with a quiet environment and a true sense of 'nature' - LA has been a tough transition. Make no mistake, I love walking from my loft to dinner and to the bar but there's something to say about a quiet life from time to time.

#37 ·
Well i live in Del Mar:) I have a boat parked downtown and work in Carlsbad so i'm from as north to south as you can get really and i love it. LA is awesome and i love going to it because it has the places we dont have here really, idk what but you know what i mean. i would definately live in LA, but i would prefer San Diego for my own tastes really. i can actually say i like TOURING LA more than i would living there:)

#46 ·
Last April, my sister and I went to L.A. for a quick weekend trip to celebrate our birthdays, and she had a bunch of friends coming from NYC, Boston, etc... meeting us there, and quite a few locals of LA as well, and damn did they show us a good time. Tourists or not, we celebrated and did it big. I'm not sure why...but someday once I have my very special exotic, I'd like to get it shipped to L.A. once every while and just go cruising around SoCal :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.