Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea...but that's what he said... "If Herr Dürheimer wants to invite us to demonstrate the top speed of our 1226 bhp 4-seater (on the VW straight away at Ehra-Lessien), then we would be more than happy to accommodate him."

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Let's see it compete with the craftsmanship and ride quality AS WELL as speed. Then it can claim to be a Bugatti killer.

·
Registered
411 Posts
From the article it just seems like Hennessey is stating they would be willing to challenge Buggati's statement, that the new Galibier will be “Faster than anything on the market, including Hennessey's." It doesn't seem like Mr. Hennessey is saying or claming in anyway that the car is better then the Bugatti Galibier, other then the speed of it...

·
Registered
630 Posts
wait, so it beats a car that doesn't even exist yet. Wow, thats impressive.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
From the article it just seems like Hennessey is stating they would be willing to challenge Buggati's statement, that the new Galibier will be “Faster than anything on the market, including Hennessey's." It doesn't seem like Mr. Hennessey is saying or claming in anyway that the car is better then the Bugatti Galibier, other then the speed of it...
The problem with that, is that the quote wasn't.

"Faster than anything on the market." Is what Mr.Dürheimer actually said.

·
Registered
411 Posts
^ True, so I misquoted part of what the CEO of Bugatti said about the Galibier, that is my mistake. It still doesn't change the fact that Hennessey never said it competed with the Veyron, like you said. I am in no way sticking up for the Cadillac, I don't even really like the CTS coupe to begin with. Some things were just being taken out of context from the article. It seems like this is just turning into a speed contest between the two companies, not Hennessey saying they are building a better car..just a faster one, if in fact it really does end up being faster than the Gailbier.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I will never understand tuners that compete or compare their tuned cars to the caliber of a Bugatti Veyron... Its still a damn Cadillac. Anyone can make something with 4 wheels go fast these days... How about the other 80-90% that make up the car's overview.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like you guys said it's just turned into a speed contest for Hennessey at least. There is no way possible that the CTS-V coupe will be better as far as build quality or otherwise, it's just about pure speed. And in the article from C&D, Durheimer said "anything on the market" and he added "this includes tuner cars." He never outright said Hennessey in any interview

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well I think it's sick, and more power to him if he can make a $60k+mods Cadillac outrun a $~2m Bugatti. He can say/claim anything he wants, and I thought it was a rather reserved statement. I'd like to see him back it up.. although it would be more fun in a stock-looking white diamond sedan instead of the menacing blacked out coupe.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I will never understand tuners that compete or compare their tuned cars to the caliber of a Bugatti Veyron... Its still a damn Cadillac. Anyone can make something with 4 wheels go fast these days... How about the other 80-90% that make up the car's overview.
This.

Don't forget the rediculous price tag, $295k for a CTS with an LS7..

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I will never understand the Bugatti Veyron for the same reason! "Anybody can make something with 4 wheels go fast"...especially when linked to 16 cylinders and 4 turbos!! LOL...At least hennessey is using a "normal" engine. I am not sticking up for Hennessey because I am not a fan of him or his cars, but think about the Veyron for that extra second...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I will never understand the Bugatti Veyron for the same reason! "Anybody can make something with 4 wheels go fast"...especially when linked to 16 cylinders and 4 turbos!! LOL...At least hennessey is using a "normal" engine. I am not sticking up for Hennessey because I am not a fan of him or his cars, but think about the Veyron for that extra second...
I am an engineer so I can tell you that the process and diligence that goes into the Bugatti is on a whole different level then Caddy. The fact that they built the car from the ground up and its only a partial sourced engine makes it that much better of a car then the CTS-V. Hennessey can build a car thats faster then the Bug, but until they create their own original car that is faster and overall better then the Bug, they should not compare their car to a Bug. IMHO

·
Registered
245 Posts
295k LOL!

No

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Hennesey is all about power. Power only gets you so far. I remember he had a 1000 whp Ford GT and a 1000 whp viper at a car event and they both lost to 600 and 700 hp 911s in a drag race and corner challenge. :eek:hwell:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts