Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out these photos of David Huang's 1,000 HP Lexus IS 300 from Lexus Magazine. He spent over $100,000 fixing it up and adding after market parts to the car. You guys like the look? More photos and descriptions in the article.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
mmmm yes...i have read a lot about david huang's car...its beautiful and has the power to back it up. there's another 1000hp is300 in south africa, hes running a jdm supra tt motor rather than the aristo. i want his Ikeya Formula suspension pieces though.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Why not just get a used baby bull. Seems like a waste of money to me.

btw..I like the stock IS 300 so this is not a snob comment.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Respect the work and the car, but, personally I wouldn't spend 100k upgrading a 35k car! Why not buy an exotic and have a beast from the get go. But, as I often have said, to each their own!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Spending that much money on a cheaper car is more rewarding than going out and buying a stock exotic. Piecing a car together with parts you've selected and making something that works well together is a pride thing. Some people just aren't willing to spend the time. I would love to own an exotic and you will definitely be hard pressed to replicate their level of craftsmanship and engineering, but projects are just satisfying.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Ill second that. 100K On a Lexus? Why not just buy a G or something else in that price range. Complete waiste of money if you ask me:confused:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Spending that much money on a cheaper car is more rewarding than going out and buying a stock exotic. Piecing a car together with parts you've selected and making something that works well together is a pride thing.
This is well said.

And I'm on both sides of the fence as I've spent a lot of money building my Audi S4 and could have easily bought another car for that money instead. I'm in love with my S4 and would never trade it for a Gallardo. Would I do it all again? Not unless it was absolutely the right project (ie: my Camaro)

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I think in this instance it's more about the journey than the destination. I'm certain the builder knows he would never get $100K out of it but it is certainly an impressive project.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
"Was that just a Lambo we passed?"
Which one do you think would be more civilized? Going 180 mph in this Lexus or in an Aston? or Lambo? Like I said I DO respect this guy and he has pretty good taste too but this is my opinion - I'd get an exotic. Oh and FYI, if I ever get one, I wouldn't give a fvck about the Toyotas passing me.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
That thing looks like a beast.

Does he drive it? Or is it a show baby? If he drive it, respect. Big time.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts

btw..I like the stock IS 300 so this is not a snob comment.
It's kinda fun to be able to carry 4 people and absolutely crush whatever happens to be driving next to you at the time. Now I couldn't personally justify the amount spent on this car, but I do personally understand the sickness.:lol:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts