Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:bow1:Can anyone advise me on differences between various year RR sports. Non s/c versions. Any input from owners? I'm seriously considering getting one...Thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
I had an '07 non s/c, and I loved it. Never had any problems.

The difference between the 3 years is very minimal. I think the '06s had cheesier interior, or maybe it was a package, but it was definitely not as nice as the '07 or '08. I can only think of 1 big difference that came in '08: Power Folding Side Mirrors. The '09s came with clear lights for the turn signals on the taillights and doors, but you can do a 2010n (new bod style) taillight conversion very easily, and the side markers for the doors you can find for like $50.00. The '09 taillights you can find for around $500.00.

·
Registered
693 Posts
:bow1:Can anyone advicse me on differences between various year RR sports. Non s/c versions. Any input from owners? I'm seriously considering getting one...Thanks
I've got a 2008 RRS SC, and I love it - in fact, so much that I ordered a 2011 RRS SC, which will arrive next week. Off the top of my head, there aren't many differences between the 2006 - 2009, although I believe the 2006 has slightly different nav hardware (making it easier to hack the nav).

Honestly, I'd wait and get a used 2010 - the changes are so great that it's worth waiting.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I have a 07 RRS and love it. There are no major differences till you get to the 2010 model. The dash is different and the lights are different. I have not had any major issues with our 07 but I would not buy one that does not have a warranty.

·
Registered
693 Posts
There are no major differences till you get to the 2010 model. The dash is different and the lights are different. I have not had any major issues with our 07 but I would not buy one that does not have a warranty.
There are huge differences other than the dash and lights. Both HSE and SC versions got new engines and transmissions for 2010, nav system updated/refreshed, real iPod lead, etc.

But, I agree with the warranty statement. That's a good idea no matter what used car you buy, as you don't really know how the previous owner drove it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
if possible you should definetly get the 2010 model, the changes are so drastic. theres not much wrong with the 06-07-08s but once youve come across the new model its like night and day. the new one deserves to have a range rover badge and the old one, not so much, trading mine in for a new one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts