Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm not so much into RR Sports but this week I might be picking up an 06+. First gen and not the face-lifted one in 09 with the newer motor. etc. or the 2010 with the redesigned headlights and interior. My question is though can I get the 2010 exterior on its predecessor models?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

·
Registered
370 Posts
G wagon? You mean the "kidney killer". I thought about this too, so I drove both. The G Wagon rides like a shopping cart. I heard the newer ones are better, but if you are looking at an '06 or so on the G, I'd skip that. Don't get me wrong, the G Wagon is gangster. I love them. I just want to get my hands on one and figure out the suspension. There's got to be a way to make that ride better. It can't ride any worse. There's also something about getting out and closing the door on a G Wagon... The sound it makes it so solid.

As for reliability on the RRS, its very hit or miss. I've had 2 with no problems. My friend had one that was a POS (he beat on it tho), and my other buddy had his bought back by Land Rover under the lemon law.

The facelift to the newer model can be done. I think you need headlights, front grill, bumper, fenders, side grills, fog lights and a few other odds and ends to do it, but it is possible. I saw one for sale a few months back, he did the conversion front and rear.

Good Luck on your search.

·
Registered
553 Posts
you can, but i'm not sure about how much money you will put into maintence

1 - 7 of 7 Posts