Luxury4Play.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This 2000 Porsche Carrera 4 in Guards Red was in for a full correction. This 911 was in pretty bad condition, from heavily swirled paint to severely baked on brake dust/contaminants.

Didn't get a full before pic of the car, so here's an after pic just to show you what I'm working with:

LSP of choice: SV Insignis

Wheel before, no- they are not painted grey:

Wheel after:

Process:
I decided to see how Sonax Full Effect would compete against straight CG Grime Reaper. Both were sprayed on liberally and left to dwell for ~5min. Agitated with various brushes then rinsed with a strong stream from the hose. I concluded that Sonax slightly beat straight Grime Reaper. I don't know how to explain, but Sonax just helped remove grime and brake dust more easily.

Applying Sonax in a Kwazar bottle. This bottle is a must-have:

The cleaner didn't really turn red like it does on every other wheel I've used it on. I'm just guessing because the wheel had so much dirt on it, not metal deposits etc. I might be wrong, though.

APC 4:1 on tires and wheel wells

Agitating Sonax with a SV wheel brush

EZ Detail brush. I can't stand this thing, it always bends when I try to use pressure when agitating the wheel well. I need to get the Raceglaze brush sometime:

Straight CG Grime Reaper:

Behind spokes:

I spent about 20min on each wheel. When the wheel dried I noticed I didn't get every bit of the brake dust (not due to lack of experience, but because the wheels were hammered and needed special attention). So I had to go round 2 on them:

The wash, befores:
Typical bugs and such:

Grime/tar:

Sprayed all lower panels with Megs APC 4:1 to loosen up grime:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mixing my special potion for the foam gun. 1oz CG Maxi Suds, 2oz CG CWG, 2oz Megs Green APC. This is perfect for plenty of foam and to strip prior LSPs:

The result:

Agitating emblems, cracks, and crevices:

Washing with CG CWG and Uber sponge:

Bug sponge:

Cleaning ducts:

Door jambs:

Claying with ONR as lube and a CG bar. Car has typical contaminants:

Dried with air blower and a Shamrock:

Before sun pics:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Taping:

M105 on a Uber Yellow pad via Flex 3401:

Menz Power Finish on a Uber Green Pad via Flex 3401:

Menz 85rd on a Uber Green Pad via Flex 3401:

50/50s. I need to work on how to get better pics of swirls with my came, I tried:

Corrected:

2 coats of PB Bold N Black. 1 to restore the tire, the 2nd to give it the gloss:

CG Jetseal109:

CG Bare Bones:

End of day 1 pics, still have a bit of polishing for the next day. As well as other exterior touch ups, then interior:

A little teaser for a detail soon to come:

Taping off paint to avoid getting 303 on it:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

CG Bare Bones on the ducts, then spread around with a detailing sponge stick thing:

Klasse AIO sealant on the windows:

90% IPA 1:1 wipedown:

Wax of choice: SV Insignis. I normally would put Power Lock on before Insignis, but I didn't have the time to let it cure. Moreover, this is a perfect way to test the durability of Insignis with proper maintenance washes (by me):

Vacuumed while Insignis sat:

Removal, Insignis is just stunning- well worth the $:

_________________INSIGNIS BEAD ACTION :applause2:_________________

LM Strong:

LM Vital:

No pics of the LM Protection Cream.
Interior was wiped down with 1Z Cockpit then protected with 303. Carpets were vacuumed and windows cleaned. Used SV Interior brush to help clean out some cracks.

Finals:
Removed the shine from the leather and softened it up a bit, now constant maintenance will get it restored up to par. I want to try out Leatherique sometime, though:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

But thanks for looking everyone. Comments and questions are welcome!

-Lance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.