Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The problem with the Ferrari F458 was thought to be taken care of. Until one burst into flames a few days ago. The cause of the spontaneous combustion was apparently a heat blocking adhesive that should have been taken care of. This is the fifth fire, all resembling each other, that Ferrari has had to replace due to the fires.

“Fixed” F458 Bursts into Flames Auto Debut

·
Registered
197 Posts
Oh wow. That is scary.

·
Extra Mustard
16,977 Posts
it has been my opinion,
that the "adhesive" was not/is not the issue for all the fires . . .

but what do i know ;)

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
wow that sucks!

·
Registered
382 Posts
People stop. Look at that post.

I had never heard of AutoDebut before I clicked that link. Had you? Of course not, it's 17 days old. All the stories are regurgitated from other sources. Come on, it's on a standard "blog in a box" software. I'm betting this is a guy, and maybe a couple college classmates, playing "auto journalist" on a blogsite.

The car in the photo is unidentifiable. Ok, it might have a low nose and 5 spoke wheels. It could be a kid's Tiburon. Is it wrecked? Funny that the car almost totally gone and that is the photo we get. If it is a 458, how do they know it was "fixed"?

Why is there no verifiable information to speak of? Where did this take place, and when? "Just a few days ago" is not good enough. There is nothing there that can be used to research more about this recall defying fire. That photo could be 6 or 8 months old.

I do rather like this line; "This is the fifth fire, all resembling each other, that Ferrari has had to replace due to the fires." It has got to be costing Ferrari a fortune to replace fires due to fires.

The website is sh*t, the photo is sh*t and the story is sh*t.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts