+ Reply to Thread
Results 11 to 20 of 23
12-10-2011, 03:02 PM #11
No lie, I've been looking at pics of spykers all night long. Love yours! Welcome!Flickr- Hidden Content
12-10-2011, 05:32 PM #12
BknBlk, good to see you on L4P. I love your red Spike aka the "Coke can"
I'm glad you got to experience your car on the track, there is nothing better then driving a RAW Spyker to the limits!2015 Lamborghini Huracan
1997.5 Lamborghini Diablo Roadster
1989 Lamborghini Countach 25th
1988 Lamborghini Countach QV
1996 Porsche 993 TT
1997 Land Rover Defender 90
2001 Mercedes-Benz G500 Cabrio
2013 Lamborghini LP560 in Blue Cepheus SOLD
2011 Mercedes-Benz G550 SOLD
2010 Audi R8 V10 SOLD
2009 Spyker C8 Spyder SOLD
2009 Aston Martin Vantage SOLD
1988 Lamborghini LM002 SOLD
12-10-2011, 06:02 PM #13
nice to see you enjoying the car.... it sounds amazing!"I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."
Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
12-10-2011, 06:34 PM #14
12-11-2011, 03:35 AM #15
12-11-2011, 04:02 PM #16'13 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale
'11 Range Rover Sport Supercharged RSC600
'97 Land Rover Defender 90
01-02-2012, 09:55 PM #17
I absolutely love my Spyker! When first introduced (and even more so since...), I thought it was the most beautiful exotic I had ever seen. Its craftsmanship, originality, and limited production are huge factors in my ongoing fascination with the vehicle. It is a very visceral driver’s car with limited comforts (e.g. no traction control, power steering, power brakes, cup holders, etc.). All the glory, or infamy, of the car’s performance rests squarely upon the driver’s technical ability. It is a very lightweight car (~2800# dry) which gives it a good power to weight ratio despite “only” having 400hp. With the horizontal adjustable racing suspension components and F-1 style pedal setup, the car drives with a very aggressive personality. The ride is firm, but not jarring or unpleasant at all. The handling is phenomenal and the feedback from the unassisted steering/brakes makes you want to get into some curves at speed. The exhaust note is beautifully tuned and can even be muted (Why, though?) by the flip of a toggle to ‘Whisper Mode’ if you don’t want to draw more attention than you already are.
This car is certainly not for everyone, particularly those who are most concerned with comparing stats and instantaneous recognition. It is certainly an extroverted car, so you can’t be afraid of attention. There is ALWAYS a group that forms around the car in parking lots or questions from the next lane at stop lights. The Spyker really refuses to be categorized in the traditional sense. In my mind, it falls more into the personal statement and collectible category than the horsepower war or latest-and-greatest division. With the exposed transmission linkage, quilted leather interior, engine turned aluminum dash/console, centerlock wheels, the aircraft-like toggle switch ignition (preceding the Aventador) the Spyker is more art than automobile. My other cars will come and go, but I don’t think my Spyker will ever grow old.
Good luck in your search, and I’d be happy to answer any specifics about my Spyker experience. Happy New Year!
01-03-2012, 04:18 AM #18
Welcome Aboard! and beautiful car.
01-06-2012, 04:33 AM #19
where has spyker landed? I understand they sold off that car division as they tried to purchase and save saab (renamed as Swedish Automotive)... then that failed... the new owners are North Street Capital, LP ...
here is Top Gear's review... BBC: Spyker Car Review - Top Gear - YouTube
01-18-2012, 07:08 PM #20
oh oh- looks like even if they could sell spyker - that's not enough cash to avoid bankrupcy.... SWAN looks like it will fail and unfortunatelty take spyker with it - > http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...a7P_story.html