Results 1 to 2 of 2
03-03-2015, 06:43 PM #1
Poet Technologies Inc - PTK.V
Hey guys! Does anyone here hold a position in Poet Technologies Inc? It's currently trading at the Toronto Venture Exchange.
In case you're not familiar with the company, here's Reuters description:POET Technologies Inc. is a Canada-based company engaged in the design of semi-conductor products for military and industrial applications. The Company is a developer of the opto-electronic technology (POET) platform for monolithic fabrication of integrated circuit devices containing both electronic and optical elements on a single semiconductor wafer. The Company through its ODIS Inc. (ODIS) facility, designs III-V (gallium-arsenide) semiconductor devices for military, industrial and commercial applications, including infrared sensor arrays and ultra-low-power random access memory. The POET platform enables the monolithic fabrication of integrated circuits containing both electronic and optical elements, with potential high-speed and power-efficient applications in devices such as servers, tablet computers and smart phones.
For whoever is interested, here's a 50 minute video of a corporate presentation POET recently gave to a group of investors in London:
You can find the presentation here:
Here's an interesting article that pretty much sums up the presentation: http://www.allaboutshipping.co.uk/20...emiconductors/
- Co-Chairman: Ajit Manocha who has 35 years of semiconductor industry experience. Most recently he was the CEO of GlobalFoundries, the second largest foundry in the world. He's even said to have put his retirement plans aside to join this ambitious company
- The POET technology has been in development for over 20 years
- The POET technology is based on Indium gallium arsenide instead of silicon (which clock speed and power is flattening out)
- Promises high performance applications – Up to 10x faster than current technologies
- POET process will match power/performance roadmap 3-4 node sizes ahead of Silicon CMOS
- POET enables on-chip coexistence of analog, digital, optical, and mixed-signal functions
- Up to 90% solution power savings versus existing technologies
- Supports existing manufacturing and testing infrastructure
- POET CEO Peter Copetti has announced a listing on Nasdaq for 2015
Check it out guys . Curious to hear what you think!
Last edited by Gijs.; 03-05-2015 at 03:36 PM.
03-05-2015, 07:56 AM #2Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
in for liquidassets thoughts!