How to find private investors for currency fund? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How to find private investors for currency fund?

          
   
  1. #11
    Young Gun is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    224

    Default

    .
    Last edited by Young Gun; 12-22-2014 at 02:28 PM.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. #12
    Young Gun is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    224

    Default

    .
    Last edited by Young Gun; 12-22-2014 at 02:28 PM.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  3. #13
    A.D
    A.D is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Shoot me a PM with your real account performance and details. I'm interested to see and I'm happy to stand corrected.

    Although, you might be making money however it doesn't change the fact you could be over exposed which, as I said, is a strong investor repellant.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. Remove Advertisements
    Luxury4Play.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Young Gun is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    224

    Default

    I've asked am admin to delete or lock this thread. Pointless thread to keep going at this time.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  6. #15
    MasterWhite's Avatar
    MasterWhite is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post

    You must be joking, right? When I reached out to you all you did was respond to my PM with the word "never" and then in another PM explained why me not having a degree in finance was why you were not interested. Which I find odd because in this post you said "Money, success and education don't always go together." Slly me, I had absolutely no idea a degree in finance was the only way someone could possibly trade forex successfully. In addition to that, you never even asked to see any verified broker records. But then again, the whole reason I reached out to you was because of a thread where you said you had $100k in a CD returning 1.2%. You said your happy with that even though that isn't even keeping up with the rate of inflation.

    You seek passive income and I reached out to you offering you passive income. I even said let's start with $25k and we can set a threshold where if I lose $X amount of your initial deposit ($1500) then I would stop trading and you can withdraw your money. Your capital would be kept with a broker in a segregated account. I take no managers fee or deposit fees, strictly just a cut of the profit. No lock-in period either. I mitigated your risk as best I could and I aligned my interests 100% with yours and you still said no simply because I don't have a degree in finance. Hopefully for you the fed raises rates faster than expected so you can at the very least beat inflation.
    its funny how you look up old posts and threads and think you have my money situation figured out. $100 000 in a high interest saving account is just that, money at hand i have access to at anytime, with out cashing in a single dollar of my invested money.

    yes Silly you, not a degree but a post-grad degree in finance and experience in a financial institution is what will give you credibility in my eyes. Credibility and ability to make money are very different. You can make money but not have credibility to get investors.

    You are pitching to me, i shouldn't have to ask you to show me verified books, because regardless of what i see, the conversation stops at "what are your credentials?". I asked to see your resume or a CV, you sent me a link to your Linkedin page that show to me you are a web/graphic designer.

    i find it funny how you say "your money is kept safe in a brokerage account and i can't take it, i can only trade with it". Having you trade the money is in fact "the risk"


    You are smart and you are young, you have a good foundation to build on. With time you will fix the mistakes of youth. With me telling you all this i want to teach you not put you down.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #16
    A.D
    A.D is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
    I've asked am admin to delete or lock this thread. Pointless thread to keep going at this time.
    Why? Now this all just feels dodgy. If you have nothing to worry about regarding what I said earlier I don't see why you'd want it closed. There's a good discussion going on here that others may learn from.

    I haven't received that PM by the way. Oh and your signature said 55% growth just 8 hours ago, now it says 48%. That's a big one day drawdown
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #17
    Young Gun is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterWhite View Post
    its funny how you look up old posts and threads and think you have my money situation figured out. $100 000 in a high interest saving account is just that, money at hand i have access to at anytime, with out cashing in a single dollar of my invested money.

    yes Silly you, not a degree but a post-grad degree in finance and experience in a financial institution is what will give you credibility in my eyes. Credibility and ability to make money are very different. You can make money but not have credibility to get investors.

    You are pitching to me, i shouldn't have to ask you to show me verified books, because regardless of what i see, the conversation stops at "what are your credentials?". I asked to see your resume or a CV, you sent me a link to your Linkedin page that show to me you are a web/graphic designer.

    i find it funny how you say "your money is kept safe in a brokerage account and i can't take it, i can only trade with it". Having you trade the money is in fact "the risk"


    You are smart and you are young, you have a good foundation to build on. With time you will fix the mistakes of youth. With me telling you all this i want to teach you not put you down.
    The old post is the reason why I PM'd you in the first place. Are you saying your old posts are not accurate? Did you blow the $100k? Did you finally realize you're not beating inflation and invest it somewhere else? All I did was ask if you were interested in a currency fund and you replied "never". I tried to explain how I would mitigate your risk and completely align my interests with yours. Unfortunately I can't try to 'pitch' something to someone who is ignorant regarding the subject but then lectures me about needing a degree to even manage their money. The first post you made (below) was regarding the degree and how you would never give me a single dollar, but yet you say I needed to pitch you? That doesn't make sense in any way, shape or form.

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterWhite View Post
    This is why I told this guy why my money is managed by people with Master degrees in Finance and 20+ years experience and why I would not give a single dollar to a 23 year old with just a high school education.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.D View Post
    Why? Now this all just feels dodgy. If you have nothing to worry about regarding what I said earlier I don't see why you'd want it closed. There's a good discussion going on here that others may learn from.

    I haven't received that PM by the way. Oh and your signature said 55% growth just 8 hours ago, now it says 48%. That's a big one day drawdown
    What is dodgy? I posted a thread asking for advice on how to get investors, not for a lecture on my demo trade account. Your first post was insightful and the advice I'd expect from posting a thread with this title. I appreciate you at least contributed (unlike MasterWhite). Then your following post is essentially telling me I'll never get investors because my demo account does't meet certain criteria. I don't recall asking for due diligence of my demo trade account to be done. Just like 90% of the other threads on this forum they go off track within page1. I asked for sources to find investors for this type of investment since most seem to be seeking out tech deals or real estate. Luckily for me I've found my source through a brokerage, so this thread is no longer needed. If you wish to see anything of mine you can reach out to me on skype, it's in my profile.
    Last edited by Young Gun; 12-22-2014 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #18
    MasterWhite's Avatar
    MasterWhite is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,954

    Default

    i wish you all the best with the brokerage
    Young Gun likes this.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #19
    Mateo's Avatar
    Mateo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Enjoyed reading this thread, even with the deleted posts.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #20
    Young Gun is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterWhite View Post
    i wish you all the best with the brokerage
    Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Enjoyed reading this thread, even with the deleted posts.
    Sorry you couldn't get back your ~5mins or so.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

You MUST be 18 years or OLDER to Register for Luxury4Play. By selecting "Yes", you are performing a legal acknowledgment that you are 18 years of age or older.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by scoobie.com.