Please post all upcoming Austin area events in this thread.
Please post all upcoming Austin area events in this thread.
sounds like a good idea ;)
Cars & Coffee – first Sunday of each month - > Cars and Coffee Austin
It’s a traditional park and walk around looking at cars. Since it is monthly we all know each other, the town of Leander it taken over for the day – music, …etc. Sometime 400 cars, sometime 100…. Not the ‘tuner’ crowd.
It’s sponsored by John Eagle – so Lotuses get top billing….
• 2 January - classic, vintage and antique Aston Martin, Bentley, Lotus, Rolls Royce
• 6 February - British Invasion (Austin-Healey, British Motor Company, Land Rover, MG, McLaren, Mini, Noble, Prodrive, Rover, TVR, Vauxhall, etc.) and of course Aston Martin, Bentley, Lotus and Rolls Royce
• 6 March - Model A's, Model T's and Electric Vehicles
• 3 April - American Jalopies and Sleds (Lone Star Round Up is this weekend)
• 1 May - Volkswagen and Air Coolers (the Texas VW Classic is in mid-April) and (Austin Auto Show is this month)
• 5 June - American 40's & 50's Era (Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Cobra, Studebaker, Dodge, Edsel, Ford, Jeep, Lincoln, Mercury, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pontiac, etc.)
• 3 July - American Hot Rods & Customs
• 7 August - American 60's and 70's Era (Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Cobra, Studebaker, Dodge, Edsel, Ford, Jeep, Lincoln, Mercury, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pontiac, etc.)
• 4 September - Italian (Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Fiat, Lamborghini, Lancia, Maserati, etc.)
• 2 October - Germanfest (Audi, BMW, Maybach, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Volkswagen, etc.)
• 6 November - European (Bugatti, Citroen, Opel, Peugeot, Renault, Saab, Skoda, Volvo, etc.)
• 4 December - Far East (Datsun, Honda, Hyundai, Isuzu, Kia, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, etc.)
Hill Country Drives - > Hill Country Drives | Spirited monthly drives through the Texas Hill Country - Monthly/Bi-Monthly Drives
This is typically a bunch of higher-end sports cars – go on a 60-90min run through a secret location. You get moving… so it’s not for the faint hearted, but always nice to pass a $200k car…
F1 Watch Party - > F1WatchParty.com - Local Business - Austin | Facebook - Every Sunday that an F1 race is on.
They replay the F1 race in the Cool River bar (which is closed for this event) – big screen, prizes, announces on F1, charity stuff, …etc
The Cool River parking lot becomes a car show of high-end cars – about an hour before the race. The Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, …etc clubs all come. John Eagle is one of the sponsors.
Regular car shows –
- Mean Streets - Meanstreets Car Shows has a few shows over the course of the year – more of a ‘tuner’ crowd
- Heat Wave - 2011 Texas Heat Wave | Heat Wave Custom Truck and Car Shows - huge show….
- ACX [AutoConXepts] Automotive - Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More - once in a while parking lot get togethers….
New to the Austin area, glad to meet you guys....
Don't waste your time at Cars and Coffee, its a joke and not even in Austin. Another new club is NCCA - Non-Club Club of Austin
Search NCCA on Facebook as the website is dated!
not Austin....but close
July 23 - 9am-2pm
2915 Alouette Dr, Grand Prairie, TX
Free food, Free entry, Trophies!
Full Class Show
"CATCH ME IF YOU CAN PTS"
YOU MUST CALL TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT OR SEND US A MESSAGE ON FACEBOOK
THE MEN'S CLUB
JULY 23 - 5pm-9pm
2340 W. NORTHWEST HWY, DALLAS, TX
THE MEN'S CLUB. This is a FULL CLASS SHOW, FEATURING BIKES, CARS AND TRUCKS. 2340 W. Northwest Highway, Dallas, Texas 75220. Beautiful Women, and Beautiful Cars! This is going to be like no other car show before! Registration from 5pm - 6:30pm, and awards around 9:00pm. There will be 4 Best of Show Car and Truck, The Men's Club Pick, and Outstanding Club Participation awards. 24 Classes and 7 Best of Shows for a total of 55 Awards. Entry fee is $10. $1.50 Drinks, $5.00 Hamburgers, Trophy Presentation by D.J. Jim. Music and lots of free fun for all. For more information, call 214-956-8800.
IF YOU WEAR ANYTHING TEXAS A&M - 10,000 POINTS IF YOU WEAR ANYTHING WITH A FRITTS CAR SHOW LOGO ON IT - 10,000
IF YOU BRING A PICTURE OF A DANCING POLE (MUST BE A PICTURE THAT CAN BE ATTACHED TO YOUR REGISTRATION PAGE) IS WORTH 50,000
BIG RAY'S BBQ
Jul 23 / Saturday / 5 pm - 9 pm
400 E Main St., Allen, Tx.
Big Ray’s BBQ & Catering Top 20 Show - Best of Show, Mangers Pick, Super Star Pick & Outstanding Club Participation! 50/50 raffle, prizes & music from the 50’s, 60’s,70’s and up. Fun for the family, safe for the kids! See you there!
IF YOU WEAR ANYTHING WITH THE FRITTS CAR SHOW LOGO ON IT, IT IS WORTH 30,000 POINTS. IF YOU BRING AN ACTUAL PICTURE OF RED AND WHITE CHECKERED TABLECLOTH PICTURE, IT IS WORTH 30,000. IF YOU ATTEND THE SHOW IT IS WORTH 25,000 POINTS.
EL CHICO GARLAND
Jul 23/ Saturday / 5 pm – 9pm
1902 East Gate Drive, Garland, Tx
4th Saturday of each month. Full Class Show. Enjoy the entertainment of Dave and Gary and their monthly show. Registration is 5-6:30. Entry: $10.00. Awards around 9:00pmi Dash plaques to the first 50 entry's. For more information contact Jim Fritts 972-567-0204.
IF YOU BRING A PICTURE OF A TACO YOU WILL RECEIVE 25,000 POINTS IF YOU WRITE "I LOVE FRITTS CAR SHOWS" ON YOUR REGISTRATION , YOU WILL RECEIVE 25,000 POINTS. IF YOUR CAR CLUB IS THE WINNING CAR CLUB AT THE SHOW EACH MEMBER WILL RECEIVE 30,000 POINTS.
Jul 24/Sunday /1pm - 5pm
985 South Interstate 35E Denton, TX 76205
Car show at Hooter’s-Denton the 4th Sunday of each month through October, Show location: (north side of I-35, just west of Golden Triangle Mall). Registration is 12-2. Entry: $10.00. Dash plaques to the first 50 entry's. 24 Classes, total of 55 awards. 7 Best of shows 79 and older Car and Truck. 80s and Newer Car and Truck. Manager’s Pick, Fritts Pick and Outstanding Club Participation. Info: Jim @ 972-567-0204 or go to www.frittscarshows.com.
Just found this thread, excellent idea.
Below is the schedule for WENDY'S. Tell your club members & your friends. ALL SHOWS ARE 5:30-10pm Saturday Nights, Registration is 5:15-7 sharp! $10.00 entry fee. We are working on some T-shirt shows. We have added classes this year. You enter, You Vote, this saves me alot of time since we are limited on time. There are 8 classes only:
1929 & below 1960-1969
AUGUST 27 607 LOUIS HENNA BLVD ROUND ROCK, TX
Giddings Swap Meet
Start Date: Friday, August 26, 2011
End Date: Sunday, August 28, 2011
Last Weekend in August! 50 Acre Auto Swap Meet. 50 Acre Site. Open and Covered Spots Available. Car Corral. RV Hookups Available. Showers and Restrooms on Site. Shaded Spaces (First Come, First Serve!). For more information: Robert: 512-581-2801 Matt: 512-581-2802 [email protected]
More Info: Giddings Swap meet August 26th - 28th 2011
We're hanging out in Round Rock this Saturday, August 27,2011. 607 LOUIS HENNA BLVD
ROUND ROCK, TX 78664 US, Greenlawn & Louis Henna, in front of the HEB.
Registration 5:15-7:30 $10.00 entry fee
8 classes (1929 & below, 1930-1939, 1940-1949, 1950-1959
1960-1969, 1970-1979, 1980-1989 & 1990 to current)
4 Best of show awards, Wendy's pick, Redmon's Rockin Rides Pick, 4 specialty awards (Best wheels, paint , interior & engine), 8- 1st place & 16- 2nd place.
3 or more must enter to be a class, less than 3 in a class puts you in a different class closer to year model of your vehicle.
Entrants get 20% off meal
Jeff Wolf, the photographer from wolfmotorsportsmagazine.com will be taking pictures at the remaining shows. He will be featuring cars in his magazine as well as giving out an award for his pick. Come out & see if you can make it into his magazine & win his pick!
This was our biggest show last year, so come ready for a great show!
Thanks for your support, Darla & Kyle
512 784 7088 Darla cell