anybody doing exotics rally turkey run - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 137

Thread: anybody doing exotics rally turkey run

          
   
  1. #11
    900AERO's Avatar
    900AERO is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jalpaesq View Post
    Not sure if I'll be able to make it. But I recommend it. I did it last year. There were about 185 cars in the Run. It was a great event. I just read that the Run will take you to Monticello for a 1/2 day of track time.
    Really? Now that makes it more interesting .

  2. #12
    92 Stealth TT's Avatar
    92 Stealth TT is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    ...that it does. too bad i need struts, and i don't trust my car on the track.
    - Dave

    most of what i say is a joke, unless it's serious

  3. #13
    Monsta's Avatar
    Monsta is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    S.R. & E.W. NJ
    Posts
    2,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jalpaesq View Post
    Not sure if I'll be able to make it. But I recommend it. I did it last year. There were about 185 cars in the Run. It was a great event. I just read that the Run will take you to Monticello for a 1/2 day of track time.
    this is interesting....how strict are they on this "EXOTIC" part?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    Luxury4Play.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    900AERO's Avatar
    900AERO is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monsta View Post
    this is interesting....how strict are they on this "EXOTIC" part?
    M3's are good to go. you need to confirm with Seth Rose. Also make sure your insurance covers property damage up to 100k. check out the exotics rally websire for all the details.

  6. #15
    kbahl21's Avatar
    kbahl21 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,662

    Default

    it starts in Syosset... last run they did there were a few z4's, mustang , me, my friends s4..so i cant fathom that theyd be that strict.
    "Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase, but this is like smearing honey onto Keira Knightley."- Jeremy Clarkson

  7. #16
    Monsta's Avatar
    Monsta is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    S.R. & E.W. NJ
    Posts
    2,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbahl21 View Post
    it starts in Syosset... last run they did there were a few z4's, mustang , me, my friends s4..so i cant fathom that theyd be that strict.
    ok so I'm game!!

    Can you post more detail b/c I didn't get email since I've never done one of their runs & don't know where to sign up!

  8. #17
    kbahl21's Avatar
    kbahl21 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,662

    Default

    Turkey Run for Charity 2010
    Location Exotic Classics, 100 Gordon Drive, Syosset, NY 11791
    Date Sun, Nov 14 2010 @ 8:00 A
    Rain Date Sun, Nov 21 2010 @ 8:00 A
    Cost: $ 100 per driver.
    Guest / Passenger Cost: $ 100

    About:

    November 14, 2010 will be the 4th Annual Turkey Run for Charity. This year it will be benefiting Make A Wish Foundation. We collected a nice amount for the Summer Exotix Run and we are hoping to complete a full wish this time around! Please join us for an amazing Breakfast, Drive, and Luncheon starting at the NEW amazing Exotic Car dealership, Exotic Classics! This promises to be the largest Rally of the year. We are certain to have some great surprises including a special celebrity couple in attendance! Stay tuned in the following weeks for more exciting information as it becomes available. Deadline for sign up is November 10, 2010. No exceptions, No SUV's, No Big Ugly 4-door sedans, and NO Motorcycles. RAIN DATE, 11/21/10 - This will only be used in the event of a cancellation by Exotics Rally. DO NOT assume it is cancelled. If there is a threat of rain we will make that decision 24-48 hours in advance. This years route will be approximately 100 - 120 miles, with some very scenic driving, make sure to bring your camera as driving through the fall foliage make for an incredible back-drop.
    "Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase, but this is like smearing honey onto Keira Knightley."- Jeremy Clarkson

  9. #18
    kbahl21's Avatar
    kbahl21 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,662

    Default

    Turkey Run 2010 - Track Day - OPTIONAL
    Location Monticello Motor Club
    Date Sun, Nov 14 2010 @ 2:00 P
    Cost: $ 250 per driver.
    Guest / Passenger Cost: $ 250

    About:

    That's right, Exotics Rally has done it again, and this time with a special twist! Slight change of plans to the Turkey Run for Charity! On November 14, 2010, we will leave Exotic Classics in Syosset, NY and drive 117 miles to one of the most incredible tracks in the United States - and it's right in our backyard!

    Monticello Motor Club will be providing our luncheon as well as Lead/Follow parade laps for all participants in the Turkey Run. In addition all participants will be able to book a seperate 1/2 day at the track for $250.00 per driver. No passengers will be allowed in the cars during the 1/2 day track session. We will Run from 2-5pm the FULL 4.1 mile road course.

    You must have track experience to sign up for this part of the day as well as a Snell 'A' rated helmet. All track participants must participate in the Turkey Run to be eligible for the track day.

    All participants can stay for the full day to spectate and capture the amazing track moments on camera.

    As always, the Exotics Rally Truck & Race Trailer will be present for any mechanical needs.
    "Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase, but this is like smearing honey onto Keira Knightley."- Jeremy Clarkson

  10. #19
    Monsta's Avatar
    Monsta is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    S.R. & E.W. NJ
    Posts
    2,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbahl21 View Post
    Turkey Run 2010 - Track Day - OPTIONAL
    Location Monticello Motor Club
    Date Sun, Nov 14 2010 @ 2:00 P
    Cost: $ 250 per driver.
    Guest / Passenger Cost: $ 250

    About:

    That's right, Exotics Rally has done it again, and this time with a special twist! Slight change of plans to the Turkey Run for Charity! On November 14, 2010, we will leave Exotic Classics in Syosset, NY and drive 117 miles to one of the most incredible tracks in the United States - and it's right in our backyard!

    Monticello Motor Club will be providing our luncheon as well as Lead/Follow parade laps for all participants in the Turkey Run. In addition all participants will be able to book a seperate 1/2 day at the track for $250.00 per driver. No passengers will be allowed in the cars during the 1/2 day track session. We will Run from 2-5pm the FULL 4.1 mile road course.

    You must have track experience to sign up for this part of the day as well as a Snell 'A' rated helmet. All track participants must participate in the Turkey Run to be eligible for the track day.

    All participants can stay for the full day to spectate and capture the amazing track moments on camera.

    As always, the Exotics Rally Truck & Race Trailer will be present for any mechanical needs.
    Nice, wish it said how much track time we actually get during those 3hrs....

  11. #20
    darthnefas's Avatar
    darthnefas is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Taunton, MA
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 92 Stealth TT View Post
    ...that it does. too bad i need struts, and i don't trust my car on the track.
    May I suggest renting an exotic? We have like 3 places around here that rent them and since it's winter, the rates are way down.

    May not be able to take it on the track, but at least you would have a car for the run.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

You MUST be 18 years or OLDER to Register for Luxury4Play. By selecting "Yes", you are performing a legal acknowledgment that you are 18 years of age or older.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by scoobie.com.