Finally got rid of my RRS - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48

Thread: Finally got rid of my RRS

          
   
  1. #11
    Ice_cold is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Potomac,MD
    Posts
    49

    Default

    well basically as far as i know the full sized rovers are basically considered by many as the Rolls Royce of suvs, and holy shit never keep one out of warranty and 2003-2006 hasRterrible reliability

  2. #12
    CR57OFR McC is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimnicki View Post
    Seems like a lot of people are getting rid of rovers, are they really that bad?
    I have spent half my life in them and they have been fine, the odd little problem but that happens with every car.

  3. #13
    ROK
    ROK is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    651

    Default

    yukon's a nice suv.... boring and rental fleety but nice and large.

    i would not have gotten an RR if not for the new supercharged 510hp engine and the significantly upgraded interior.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    Luxury4Play.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    SPEEDANDTECH is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    140

    Default

    i was considering a RRS but might have to put it to rest.
    Ordered a 2011 Cayenne for my wife. She is going to be happy.

  6. #15
    adam76's Avatar
    adam76 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I had an 08 RRS. The only good thing I can really say is the damn thing was good looking and never broke down on me. But I hated it from day 1. (wife's vehicle)


    The "luxury" in this vehicle was non existent. It was smaller than a rat's nest. And the small movable parts never worked right.

    So finally after 49,915 miles, just before warranty was about to crap out. I traded her in for a 11 GMC Yukon XL Denali. Good riddens RRS!
    I agree luxury was sorely lacking pre 2010, but they fixed it moving forward.

    People please note he said "never broke down on me" and he rode it to almost 50k miles.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zimnicki View Post
    Seems like a lot of people are getting rid of rovers, are they really that bad?
    No, they are not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bignicky1 View Post
    All i ever hear about is bad things, but i never owned one or driven one so i wouldn't personally know
    Funny, a lot of us here on L4P who own them have really good things to say about the current models...

    Quote Originally Posted by Arone997tt View Post
    JUNK!!!!! never keep out of warranty!!!!
    Wrong...but yes, never keep ANY new car out of warranty

    Quote Originally Posted by sun82 View Post
    If the reliability is not the greatest, why are so many purchased?
    Because people like to talk sh!t, the new models are solid. I have been driving them since 2005 and will continue doing so.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMoney View Post
    The sports are junk. Should have just gotten an LR3.

    Full size is the only way to go.

    As far as reliability goes 2008+ is the way to go. The newer ones are doing great. Its the pre 2007 especially 2003-2006 that was so horrible.
    Orly, why junk? The LR3 is the same chassis...so why an LR3?

    My 2006 was flawless for 4 + years, my 2010 has had more probs, a whopping 2 in 1+ years, and minor at that.

    Quote Originally Posted by CR57OFR McC View Post
    I have spent half my life in them and they have been fine, the odd little problem but that happens with every car.
    Bingo!

  7. #16
    Beach's Avatar
    Beach is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    42

    Default

    I don't know if i got one that was out of the norm...but drove 330k miles on a 2002 Range Rover without any major problems..loved that car

  8. #17
    keiphers's Avatar
    keiphers is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adam76 View Post
    ...
    I'm basically going to +1 everything Adam said, but I'll add a few comments. I've had absolutely no problems with my '11 RRS S/C, and our '08 RRS S/C similarly has had no problems. Even though the interior of the '08 was lacking, you can't get an LR3 with a 4.2L supercharged engine (nor can you get an LR3 with a 5.0L supercharged for that matter)...

    Now, let's consider the X5, which most people love. My friend's '11 X5 has already spent two full weeks in the shop due to engine troubles. His old '07 X5 had to be towed from his driveway, because the engine wouldn't start (5 cylinders had failed). Range Rover 1: BMW 0.

    Lexus is about the only SUV that will entirely hold up, but what dude would drive the RX (the rest are overly ugly too)? Mercedes SUV's are similarly girly. G-Wagen's look good but are seriously old school in terms of styling and tech, and most people (at least where I'm from) consider them overly pretentious (i.e. only purpose is to look wealthy). The Cayenne is seriously capable, but the looks have never caught for me.

    As for FFRR vs. RRS, it's all a matter of personal preference. For me, the FFRR is too big and bulky, whereas the RRS is the perfect size. Plus, it's quicker and handles better.
    '13 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale
    '11 Range Rover Sport Supercharged RSC600
    '97 Land Rover Defender 90

  9. #18
    ROK
    ROK is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keiphers View Post
    I'm basically going to +1 everything Adam said, but I'll add a few comments. I've had absolutely no problems with my '11 RRS S/C, and our '08 RRS S/C similarly has had no problems. Even though the interior of the '08 was lacking, you can't get an LR3 with a 4.2L supercharged engine (nor can you get an LR3 with a 5.0L supercharged for that matter)...

    Now, let's consider the X5, which most people love. My friend's '11 X5 has already spent two full weeks in the shop due to engine troubles. His old '07 X5 had to be towed from his driveway, because the engine wouldn't start (5 cylinders had failed). Range Rover 1: BMW 0.

    Lexus is about the only SUV that will entirely hold up, but what dude would drive the RX (the rest are overly ugly too)? Mercedes SUV's are similarly girly. G-Wagen's look good but are seriously old school in terms of styling and tech, and most people (at least where I'm from) consider them overly pretentious (i.e. only purpose is to look wealthy). The Cayenne is seriously capable, but the looks have never caught for me.

    As for FFRR vs. RRS, it's all a matter of personal preference. For me, the FFRR is too big and bulky, whereas the RRS is the perfect size. Plus, it's quicker and handles better.
    "we don't drive x5s we give them to baby mommas" -jay z

  10. #19
    Sleepy996's Avatar
    Sleepy996 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    I own a 04 and a 07 and neither one has ever broken down on me or had any serious issues besides normal maintence on wear and tear items. The 04 is beat on hard so ive been pretty happy thus far.

  11. #20
    TurboBaron9's Avatar
    TurboBaron9 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,540

    Default

    i do quite like Range Rovers but they're ruined for me, because every RR that is driven over here is a trophy wife. and it ruins it for me. thats why i love the G class, i aint gonna see no trophy wife in that thing!
    A successful man is someone who wakes up in the morning, goes to sleep at night, and does whatever makes him happy in between.

    Happiness is the only thing worth pursuing.


    A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

You MUST be 18 years or OLDER to Register for Luxury4Play. By selecting "Yes", you are performing a legal acknowledgment that you are 18 years of age or older.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by scoobie.com.