Interview from Geneva with CvK
English translation (Used google translate, apologies in advance if it doesn't make sense on certain parts):
Koenigsegg still drives his Saab
Christian von Koenigsegg still drives her Saab 9-5. But that's all he has left after Saab adventure. However, he has received Koenigsegg to be viable.
- It is sad that it did not go well for Saab. But it began to look bleak already a year ago, so it was not unexpected, said Christian von Koenigsegg at Geneva Motor Show, where he stands beside his Acting R, which this year is remastered to 1140 horsepower.
He does not regret the consortium Koenigsegg with elements from both the U.S. and China jumped by Saab purchase in November 2009.
- We felt that we could not succeed. When the Spyker entered Saab was in a much worse condition which gave them a difficult position, says Christian von Koenigsegg, founder and CEO of Koenig.
Last year, he could look away to the Saab booth and sports car Phoenix to suggest that Saab had risen from the ashes. Now, where Lotus Cars instead. Spyker sports cars tend to be adjacent to the Koenigsegg, but lights up this year by their absence.
A number of previous Saab executives have gone to the fair on their own authority. Powertrainvd: n Kjell ac Bergström, who still works for the administrators, took the opportunity to visit Christian von Koenigsegg.
- We got to know each other during the buying process, he says.
Koenigsegg, like Saab, have been calculated many times from when Christian von Koenigsegg did seriously by his boyhood dream to build the world's fastest car. The first car was delivered in 2002 and early losses were lined up. But recent years have seen a profit. So even last year.
- We keep ourselves in all cases over the zero. There may be losses again if we choose to make a serious effort, but we are here to stay, says Christian von Koenigsegg.
Last year sold about ten cars. The price tag on the super-fast sports cars in tiomiljonersklassen. This summer built the hundredth car.
- China will be strong for us, said Christian von Koenigsegg.
Koenigsegg also hope for more collaborations on the motor side.
- Our solutions also works on regular car engines and there is some interest from the major manufacturers, said Christian von Koenigsegg.
Original article in Swedish below:
Koenigsegg kör fortfarande sin Saab | Näringsliv | SvD