+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
12-02-2015, 10:00 PM #1
Considering 2-in-1 vs. Convertible Ultrabook
Looking for help/insight for a new computer...
A little background - My current company provides both a laptop and iPad for my use. I travel/live out of my backpack and am getting tired of the weight associated with both items. I would ditch the iPad, but I need it for mobile use with customers. I would ditch the computer, but I need it for running full office and some reporting features, storing all my documents, ect...
So, I've been considering the following and would appreciate any insight into the pros/cons, and whether to wait for new technology coming out. This would mainly be used for business (web, outlook, office, adobe,) and occasional light photoshop, programming, and web development. I'm not a gamer, rarely watch movies. I'd like to keep this awhile and want something somewhat future-proof:
1. Surface pro 4 - I would likely go for i5/256/8, but would also consider i5/128/4. I love this thing, only complaint is lack of usb-c, and concern over fan noise with i5. Lack of 4g lte is not a deal breaker. Price is high.
2. HP Spectre x2 - Unsure of Intel M? Great keyboard and kickstand, don't like trackpad as much as SP4, screen isn't as nice. Great price, dual usb-c ports, 4g connectivity
3. Surface Book - Awesome device, just a tad big for carrying around as notebad, and price is highest
4. Spectre x360/ Lenovo yoga/ other convertable ultrabook - Best performance/price ratio, but unsure of carrying around laptop converted to tablet much of the day. I think the keys would bother me
5. Wait for something new... lenovo miix 700?
Any thoughts. Is what I'm considering overkill for my needs?-
"There's a lot of people who want to play the game, but you can't cry when the game plays youHidden Content "
04-16-2016, 05:46 PM #2Junior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2016
Go with surface pro or book, they are doing exactly this to help travelling workers do both the tasks easily. I have used surface pro and the quality is good. I am more of a PC guy so had to give it away.