+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Thread: Poor man's fancy dinner.
09-10-2014, 06:12 PM #1
Poor man's fancy dinner.
After talking with a fellow forum member, I figured I'd post this genius recipe.
What you'll need:
- 2 packs of ramen noodles, shrimp flavor
- Shrimp (frozen cocktail or fresh... doesn't matter as long as you de-tail them)
- Fresh cut lime
- Bell peppers (assorted colors)
- Green onions
- Chili powder (optional)
1) Begin by heating up some water in a fairly large pot and put your ramen noodles in the pot. Go ahead and toss your shrimp in there with it so they can get warmed up, too.
2) Chop up your green onions and bell peppers.
3) Sautee your bell peppers until they're tender, but still have a slight bit of crunch (for texture).
4) Once your noodles are tender and the shrimp are warm, strain the noodles.
5) Proceed to mix in 1/2 of ONE shrimp flavor packet that came with the ramen noodles. You can add more, but I like the flavor subtle. Oh... there's also the benefit of reduced sodium.
6) Mix in your green onions and bell peppers.
7) Spritz with your freshly sliced lime.
OPTIONAL: Add a dash of chili powder if you'd like a chili-lime flavor.
Serve that and people will think you're some kind of fancy cook. In all reality, that meal may have cost you $10. I've actually prepared this for lady friends on a few occasions. I time it so they arrive just as I'm straining the noodles ("Hey... call me when you're about 10 minutes away!"). To ensure they think it's completely legit, I put the shrimp flavoring seasoning in a measuring tsp. or tbsp. so she has no idea what it really is.
09-10-2014, 06:14 PM #2
mmm ramen nooodles.
Brb going to go make some now."Be yourself for who you are, or be no one at all" - MalibuMafiaV
Hidden Content Hidden Content
BMW 2006 M5 - REALLY LOUD
BMW 2007 335i. JB4 G5 ISO, E85 all bolt ons.
Audi S4 2000 Stage 3 - Dat turbo spool - SOLD
BMW 2000 3-series - Supercharged Because race car SOLD
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD
09-10-2014, 07:47 PM #3
Do this with pasta instead and it won't be a "poor man's" meal anymore, but will cost and taste about the same. And won't have 3 day's worth of sodium.DRINK MORE SCOTCH.
Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
09-10-2014, 08:57 PM #4
I think the biggest benefit is the fact it would be easier to digest. Have you seen the video of the cheap ramen noodles digesting? They remained in the stomach for a loooooooooong time.
10-06-2014, 08:22 PM #5
My brother makes a cheeseburger ramen dish that is amazing. I'll see if I can coax the recipe outta him.
10-07-2014, 01:17 AM #6
I've never had ramen noodles in my life.
10-07-2014, 02:31 AM #7
10-10-2014, 07:49 PM #8
08-20-2015, 08:34 PM #9
Sounds pretty damn good!
My go to is a rare steak with blue cheese, asparagus and an avacado raw with some seasoning. Paired with an ice cold beer of course