Cost to build (guestimate/average) - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Cost to build (guestimate/average)

          
   
  1. #11
    achenator is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Orleans LA.
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    How much was his lot? I don't think you can factor that in on building. I think mine is a bit higher because of concrete tile roof and real stone exterior. Ugh.
    Yeah, he said "the houses in here are a little over $200 foot." I'm guessing that his lot was around $100k-$125 but it is small. Houses in there are damn close together for around $1mm. I know you can't figure in the cost of the lot but I figure his was semi custom for around $180 build cost so about $200 for custom not including lot sounds right.

    Where are you building? Out on the river where you are now? Seems like there are deals to be had that make building too $$$ right now. I guess it's all about getting what you want.

  2. #12
    Rex's Avatar
    Rex
    Rex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Yah I'm not real sure why anyone would want to live over there. Or in the city for that fact.. haha

    Yes on River. Love it here.

  3. #13
    achenator is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Orleans LA.
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    He had a place in Santa Maria and a place out on the diversion canal. When the economy started to tank he got nervous and dumped Santa Maria. Moved out on the diversion canal full time. His office (Area Home Lending) is on Perkins. Got tired of traffic and things weren't nearly as bad as he thought. Recently got married and built where he is now. Literally 2 minutes from his office.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    Luxury4Play.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    crgray's Avatar
    crgray is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Clemson/Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    3,754

    Default

    i know the houses my dad does range from $90-$250/ sq. ft.... He has about 4 floorplans that he uses all the time, that range from 1700-3200 sq. ft.

    Our house is 11,300 sq. ft., and our cost to build was about $950 sq.ft. back in 2000
    Current
    2014 Ducati Monster 796
    2015 VW Golf R - incoming

    Past
    1993 Acura NSX
    2008 VW .:R32
    2002 Ducati Monster 750
    1993 Mazda Rx-7 - LS1 Swapped
    1979 Pontiac Trans Am - 400/4speed

    "Could be a crackhead, that got hold to the wrong stuff."

  6. #15
    Rex's Avatar
    Rex
    Rex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by achenator View Post
    He had a place in Santa Maria and a place out on the diversion canal. When the economy started to tank he got nervous and dumped Santa Maria. Moved out on the diversion canal full time. His office (Area Home Lending) is on Perkins. Got tired of traffic and things weren't nearly as bad as he thought. Recently got married and built where he is now. Literally 2 minutes from his office.
    I had a lot in SM before I moved to River. My parents just build a house on the canal, big place.

  7. #16
    Rollout's Avatar
    Rollout is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    42

    Default

    I live down the street in Manchac the place right after you cross Bayou Manchac on Perkins, I know the guy who built it through another guy, he's dropped that considerably. Also in Fountain Hill its nice but the Interstate is your back yard, kinda.

  8. #17
    achenator is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Orleans LA.
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rollout View Post
    I live down the street in Manchac the place right after you cross Bayou Manchac on Perkins, I know the guy who built it through another guy, he's dropped that considerably. Also in Fountain Hill its nice but the Interstate is your back yard, kinda.
    Went on a drive in that area weekend b4 last. That manchac road is awesome, lots o curves. The first time I passed by fountain hill, I thought it looked really nice.

  9. #18
    WHAT'S NEXT?'s Avatar
    WHAT'S NEXT? is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Socal & IE
    Posts
    847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crgray View Post
    i know the houses my dad does range from $90-$250/ sq. ft.... He has about 4 floorplans that he uses all the time, that range from 1700-3200 sq. ft.

    Our house is 11,300 sq. ft., and our cost to build was about $950 sq.ft. back in 2000
    What did your dad build the house out of? Marble and gold leaf? Thats way expensive for a builders house thats close to $11 mil.
    2002 Land Rover Discovery Kalahari
    2008 Fleetwood 40x
    2011 Range Rover Sport
    2013 Jetta
    2013 Ford Raptor

  10. #19
    2fst2c's Avatar
    2fst2c is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Portland,OR
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Geeez your cost per sqft is of the charts I know it depends on the finishes but in Portland you can build a 3400sqft for less then a $100sqft and thats a pretty custom home.

  11. #20
    sicko's Avatar
    sicko is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Altitude SICKness
    Posts
    653

    Default

    I've done drawings for homes at $800 and $1000 per sqft but that was the whole package including lot and highend landscaping.

    (no gold necessary to hit that price)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

You MUST be 18 years or OLDER to Register for Luxury4Play. By selecting "Yes", you are performing a legal acknowledgment that you are 18 years of age or older.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by scoobie.com.