+ Reply to Thread
Results 11 to 20 of 26
03-28-2012, 10:35 PM #11
03-28-2012, 11:22 PM #12
Add some dormers to break up that huge slab of roof. See the photo you posted of the style, for example.
03-28-2012, 11:30 PM #13
I will do that.
Last edited by Fatandre; 03-29-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
03-28-2012, 11:49 PM #14
Are the doors motorized? Just curious cause I had a client with a similar style door that later regretted his choice because he had to manual open and close the doors.
Depending on budget some radiant heat in the floor would be a nice touch. Nothing like a nice warm floor when you want to work on your car. It would also be a very efficient way to heat the space due to the large thermal mass it has.
03-29-2012, 12:31 PM #15
I am thinking about some heated floor and the doors will be electric. I am also thinking about doors that open up
03-29-2012, 06:49 PM #16
Alright, my list:
• Ceilings as high as possible, possibly vaulted. Could do a loft over the area where cars won't be parked or lifted.
• Radiant heating in the floor
• Industrial high solids epoxy flooring, the lighter color the better (no epoxy if heavy amounts of welding to be done)
• Well thought out lighting, especially in the work areas.
• 2 post lift in right most bay, 4 post lifts in another bay if additonal car storage needed.
• Floor drain for washing cars inside??
• Small exterior room to house air compressor for shop air
• Several well placed compressed air drops, some with hose reels
• Two tone walls, darker on the bottom, lighter on the top.
• at least 1 stainless steel work surface
• Sink with hot / cold water
• Storage and more storage. Keeping everything hidden will make it look nicer.
• Jackshaft garage door openers (Liftmaster 3800 I think?) to keep things clear overhead. Make the door tracks hug the ceiling as tight as possible also. Or use carriage doors.
Spend some time in the garage gallery forum on GarageJournal.com for ideas.
Last edited by kerryt1; 03-29-2012 at 06:53 PM.
03-29-2012, 07:27 PM #17
03-30-2012, 04:58 AM #18
I would add some electronics; LED LCD TV's in two areas, one by the 2 post lift and another in an appropriate place of the garage (haven't decided yet).
Surveillance cameras on all the bays and exterior as well as the entrance door. Speaker system to play some tunes when working.
Also can't forget the fire suppression system, urinal, and beer fridge.------
The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary
08' X5 4.8i
03-30-2012, 05:03 AM #19
Can't wait to see the finished product.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk2009 LR3
2008 E90 335I
2005 GSXR 600X
Follow my on Instagram @flyingcesar
2008 Infiniti G37S coupe Betty RIP07/19/09
We all know that small cars are good for us. But so is cod liver oil. And jogging- Jeremy Clarkson.
03-31-2012, 12:26 AM #20