You have a spare 100k sitting around, where would you put it? - Page 5

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: You have a spare 100k sitting around, where would you put it?

          
   
  1. #41
    MasterWhite's Avatar
    MasterWhite is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Thank god you're not in finance, you're borderline retarded when it comes to that it seems. You will heavily regret not ACTIVELY investing your capital across different asset and investment vehicles. And your "time"? What are you just that freaking worthy that you don't feel like spending 3-4 hours of your prestigious life per month to keep up with your renters and be a good property manager? Pleasssee...

    I stand by my first post in here. Oh and MasterWhite don't take my words personally, I'm not attacking you, my insults are just heavy words.. Welcome to the 4 in case you haven't met me lol..
    we are all big boys here, so no offence taken, but in my line of work its human lives, and risk outweighs gains/profits.

    as for my prestigious, i think you mean precious time, yes if i don't do it for fun or enjoy it, then its work and if its work i better make $40-50 for an hour of my time. if it doesn't make money or bring pleasure i will not do it

    i want passive income, if i have to actuality do something for the said income i will just go to work LOL
    Last edited by MasterWhite; 03-25-2013 at 08:57 PM.
    Arthur likes this.

  2. #42
    0ddball is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterWhite View Post
    we are all big boys here, so no offence taken, but in my line of work its human lives, and risk outweighs gains/profits.

    as for my prestigious, i think you mean precious time, yes if i don't do it for fun or enjoy it, then its work and if its work i better make $40-50 for an hour of my time. if it doesn't make money or bring pleasure i will not do it

    i want passive income, if i have to actuality do something for the said income i will just go to work LOL
    So basically this is what you want...
    Monthly check with little to no risk or work.
    Stick to your day job and buy some lottery tickets.

  3. #43
    nickmb's Avatar
    nickmb is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LA / TX / ARG
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VII View Post
    What a useless post that was....
    Thanks.

    Was replying to masterwhite.
    -Porsche 911
    -Mercedes CLS550
    -Porsche Cayenne S



    Hidden Content Originally Posted by nickmb Hidden Content
    K.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    Luxury4Play.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #44
    VII's Avatar
    VII
    VII is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Manitoba Canada
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    I'm currently looking at a Jiffylube Franchise. There are a couple competitors, but they seem to have a good model, and I can be an absentee owner (like MasterWhite, passive income is what I'm after) So I suppose for my purposes, the money might best spent as a down payment on another business.

    As far as a Five Guys, they just opened in my city a year ago. Its amazing! However, I swore off the fast food restaurant scene as a business. The profit margins and amount of hands on time required doesn't do it for me.
    MasterWhite likes this.

  6. #45
    MasterWhite's Avatar
    MasterWhite is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddball View Post
    So basically this is what you want...
    Monthly check with little to no risk or work.
    Stick to your day job and buy some lottery tickets.
    exactly what i do, but i don't play the lottery, too much risk of losing money ROFL

  7. #46
    Justin D's Avatar
    Justin D is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Long Island. NY
    Posts
    1,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VII View Post
    I'm currently looking at a Jiffylube Franchise. There are a couple competitors, but they seem to have a good model, and I can be an absentee owner (like MasterWhite, passive income is what I'm after) So I suppose for my purposes, the money might best spent as a down payment on another business.

    As far as a Five Guys, they just opened in my city a year ago. Its amazing! However, I swore off the fast food restaurant scene as a business. The profit margins and amount of hands on time required doesn't do it for me.
    If I remember correctly - didn't we have a discussion a few weeks back about making money without putting any time in?
    Stance likes this.

  8. #47
    Forfend's Avatar
    Forfend is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Suburbs, Chicago
    Posts
    7,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterWhite View Post
    sounds like anyone who actually invested $100 000 plus successfully is not sharing, and those of you who say real estate, are any of you actually have/had 100 000$ in the bank and took your own advice and invested in to real estate? how did that turn out for ya?

    i spend ZERO time, and i make 1.2% or 100$ a month, if i have to invest even 25 minutes a day on anything less then a 6% annual return on my $100 000 its not worth it and i will just work an extra 1 shift a month at the hospital and not risk my $100 000.

    smart investment is more then just money, its also time and risk management.

    PS: it would be nice to know credentials of people who give financial advice and if they them selves have invested their own money or just talking out of their ass because a friend's dad's boss's uncle make a killing investing in real estate or the stock market or "overseas CD at 3-5%" and now they think they are an expert.
    You couldn't handle the credentials of some members.

    While it's true the only asset you can never get back is time, unless you are near death or coming up on retirement, hell and even beyond retirement, you should be striving for a ROI of at least that of inflation at a bare minimum. Even having my investments damn near depleted in 2008, all my stocks and mutual funds have come back and I'm right around 20%+ (not including additional deposits) from 2008 through today.

    At 100,000 last year your same $100,000 is only "worth" approximately $98,000 today. So in essence you are losing money every day using your savings account or what ever you are using. Which is why I called you what I did. We can't help you if you want easy money with little work. It just doesn't work like that.

    Now to the OP one thing that has worked kind of well with us is using a company to rent out our cabin. It rents for +/-$1300 a week and the company is responsible for all maintenance, cleaning, booking, repairs, etc. We are responsible for taxes and utilities (gas, elec, cable, etc). We are allocated 1 week in the winter and 2 weeks in the summer where we can go and use our own cabin. Of that $1300 a week or so we get a set amount of $2000 a month. Depending on the time of year utilities are right around $350 a month and taxes are about $2,200 a year.

    Do you have any crummy cell coverage? A nearby plot of land gets an estimated $9-10k a year just for the lease of a tiny 50'x50' area of land for a tower.
    East bound and down, loaded up and truckin',
    we're gonna do what they say can't be done.

  9. #48
    MasterWhite's Avatar
    MasterWhite is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forfend View Post
    You couldn't handle the credentials of some members.

    While it's true the only asset you can never get back is time, unless you are near death or coming up on retirement, hell and even beyond retirement, you should be striving for a ROI of at least that of inflation at a bare minimum. Even having my investments damn near depleted in 2008, all my stocks and mutual funds have come back and I'm right around 20%+ (not including additional deposits) from 2008 through today.
    1. i couldn't handle the credentials of some members? have you seen some of crap people post on this site? makes me wonder in they even finished grade school. Money, success and education don't always go together, and on the internet every one is a PhD/MD/MBA

    2. a member on L4P had a bad MRI with even a worse diagnosis, i bet he and anyone else in similar position will take time to enjoy life over making money, i work, and make money to live and have fun for as long as i can, but i value my free time, and a good night of sleep very highly

    3. as for saving up for retirement, i said it before, my retirement is all taken care off

  10. #49
    0ddball is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterWhite View Post
    1. i couldn't handle the credentials of some members? have you seen some of crap people post on this site? makes me wonder in they even finished grade school. Money, success and education don't always go together, and on the internet every one is a PhD/MD/MBA

    2. a member on L4P had a bad MRI with even a worse diagnosis, i bet he and anyone else in similar position will take time to enjoy life over making money, i work, and make money to live and have fun for as long as i can, but i value my free time, and a good night of sleep very highly

    3. as for saving up for retirement, i said it before, my retirement is all taken care off
    You are trying to have the best of every world. Spend little to no time with it, have little to no risk, and get a decent return. You can't have it all otherwise everyone would be investing in whatever that was.
    Izucantc likes this.

  11. #50
    MasterWhite's Avatar
    MasterWhite is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddball View Post
    You are trying to have the best of every world. Spend little to no time with it, have little to no risk, and get a decent return. You can't have it all otherwise everyone would be investing in whatever that was.
    i know that this is why i will never be as rich as some members of L4P but hey i am never strapped for cash and I'm living a low stress life. To each their own i guess. lets get back to the top and try to help OP

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

You MUST be 18 years or OLDER to Register for Luxury4Play. By selecting "Yes", you are performing a legal acknowledgment that you are 18 years of age or older.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by scoobie.com.