ADMShipyards’ 463-foot gigayacht Yas was recently spied on July 27 at Cap Ferrat along the French Riviera.
This yacht is the epitome of luxury living; with hefty privacy agreements between owners and shipyards however, it’s tough to find out exactly what makes the Yas one of the world’s largest and most exclusive yachts. It’s equally tough to catch a glimpse of this elusive beast.
The Yas was launched in 2011 and is currently regarded as the eighth largest yacht in the world. It was designed inside and out by Pierrejean Design Studio and features the following:
- A streamlined superstructure with a beam of 49 feet
- An exterior with an abundance of glass
- All of the expected onboard opulence, including a large swimming pool, a helipad, and a hot tub
- The Ability to accommodate up to 60 guests
- Two 10,500 hp MTU diesel engines that allow for a cruising speed of 20 knots and a top speed of 26 knots
- Dual bow thrusters and another in the stern for easier control of the massive ship.