View Full Version : ALERT!!...Does UGR/Heffner have new competition??...SUPRA GIANT NOW DOING LAMBOS???

NITEMARET/A
03-15-2011, 04:26 AM
IT SURE LOOKS LIKE IT!

So if anyone actually pays attention to anything I say they'll know I am a big UGR fan and love their work. HOWEVER....came across this on another board and found it quite interesting. Supra tuning giant Titan Motorsports puts out a twin turbo gallardo, not sure if its quite the level of ugr or heffner cars but lets hear everyones opinion!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bwK2-UfgADM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Perdition
03-15-2011, 04:42 AM
Old news for me at least. They've got quite a few videos on Youtube. However I'm not sure which forum I saw this info on as I'm a member of way too many.

NITEMARET/A
03-15-2011, 04:54 AM
I saw it on ls1tech the other day and havent been on there for months before that so I do not doubt this might be old news.

THREAD EDIT: So if this is old news then new thread focus is ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that has to do with twin turbo lambos. Post up pics vids dyno sheets, anything, UGR/Heffner/Titan....anyone else lets see it!

Readyyyyyy......go

Boo Cocky
03-15-2011, 05:48 AM
bwK2-UfgADM

NITEMARET/A
03-15-2011, 06:10 AM
Thank you ^....couldnt figure out how to do that for some reason

Pushn'lbs
03-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Sweet, nice to know when I buy my lambo, I can just drive it a couple miles to them. Instead of shipping it hundreds of miles.
They do top notch work, there shop is flawless, and super clean.

ddigangi
03-15-2011, 02:05 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if there was more shops out there doing it besides them either, UGR and heffner is just best known (for obvious reasons)

POWERHOUR
03-15-2011, 03:07 PM
UGR
Heffner
DLM
Boost Logic
Titan
MHP?
I'm sure there are other...

And about Titan's car that was Tim Iacoli's (basupra) that he sent to them (now has the Verde UGR TT that just got finished) and from what I heard was completely unsatisfied with the work and Titan had to buy the car from him. Again, just what I have heard..

ADV.1 Matt
03-15-2011, 03:19 PM
SP Engineering's rocking a TT LP640... on ADV.1's ;)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4021/4435703147_b21cf69cf9_b.jpg

POWERHOUR
03-15-2011, 03:21 PM
^That is Heffner. Not their kit

ADV.1 Matt
03-15-2011, 04:11 PM
^^^ Ahhh good to know!

Aimee
03-15-2011, 04:13 PM
There are tons of them out there but only three that support our efforts...

Heffner
Hennessey
Underground Racing

NITEMARET/A
03-15-2011, 04:25 PM
UGR
Heffner
DLM
Boost Logic
Titan
MHP?

And about Titan's car that was Tim Iacoli's (basupra) that he sent to them (now has the Verde UGR TT that just got finished) and from what I heard was completely unsatisfied with the work and Titan had to buy the car from him. Again, just what I have heard..

Hmmm thats very interesting. Maybe he could chime in and give us an opinion on their product first hand then. I do know that he sure looked satisfied with his UGR car, man that thing is amazing in that video.

I didnt know boost logic has done any lambos, anybody have videos or pictures of the work? I know SW's supra is a boost logic car and they always seem to come out with monster builds.

NITEMARET/A
03-15-2011, 04:30 PM
One of my personal favorite videos, I wanna know where this thing went as I have not seen videos of it since this and with the ending figured there would be more to follow.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d1ecHCY3nm8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: someone want to embed that for me or tell me how to do it myself so I stop looking dumb!!

allanlambo
03-15-2011, 04:35 PM
^That is Heffner. Not their kit

WRONG! That kit was completely designed by SP and is NOT a Heffner Kit..

POWERHOUR
03-15-2011, 04:46 PM

I stand corrected then.

Perdition
03-15-2011, 05:39 PM

+1

allanlambo
03-15-2011, 05:42 PM
I stand corrected then.

Sp Engineering is now finishing up a custom Twin Turbo Diablo Sv too..

PrettyBoy
03-15-2011, 05:44 PM
How about Twins Turbo? Did they a Dodge Viper or something...not sure about Italian Supercars.

allanlambo
03-15-2011, 05:47 PM
:whistle:

The Pun
03-15-2011, 05:53 PM
If Lambo was a real car company they would take notice the the cars a way underpowered and offer a factory kit. Just saying. Seems like everybody with one wants a TT kit. I have driven 4-5 stockers and was not impressed by the power.

Bignicky1
03-15-2011, 06:01 PM
If i brought a lambo only place i would go is UGR, just from the work ive seen from them!imo

Liqidvenom
03-15-2011, 06:05 PM
yeah people have been turbo'ing lambos for some time, just a few companies have gotten famous for it.

POWERHOUR
03-15-2011, 06:42 PM

Damn Allan that's beautiful. Who's is it?

NITEMARET/A
03-15-2011, 06:52 PM

Videos......NOW!

That thing looks amazing

allanlambo
03-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Damn Allan that's beautiful. Who's is it?

Sp is working on it.. not quite done yet.. Going to be bad ass..

MrCarreraGTO
03-15-2011, 11:00 PM
Sp is working on it.. not quite done yet.. Going to be bad ass..

one of your toys?

Blue4reF1
03-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Going to Heffners facility Thursday. Can't wait to check it out.

babystat
03-16-2011, 02:48 AM
Heffner
Hennessey
Underground Racing
DLM
SP Engineering

And the differences are? I ALMOST thought they all do THE SAME THING....

POWERHOUR
03-16-2011, 01:40 PM

What is your question? Yes they can all build you a TTG..you aren't making sense..

ddigangi
03-16-2011, 02:27 PM
If i brought a lambo only place i would go is UGR, just from the work ive seen from them!imo

agreed, couldnt see myself choosing heffner over them unless they had a great sales pitch

allanlambo
03-16-2011, 02:51 PM
one of your toys?
Not mine..

NITEMARET/A
03-16-2011, 05:43 PM

I think the quality and output of cars as well as demand says a alot about the difference. Yes they all do TTG, however I personally do not think they are all of equal craftsmanship or performance.

However if I was given one I would gladly take one from any of the companies mentioned

UpSideDownDesi
03-17-2011, 01:44 AM
Who's the record holder for highest hp TTG?

NITEMARET/A
03-17-2011, 06:55 AM
Someone correct me if I am wrong but the highest I have seen was the Orange Underground Racing SL that flipped at the last mile event, I remember seeing a Dyno graph in the 1900 range.

I forget the guy who it belonged to but I believe he is a member, does anyone know if he is having another car build?

ferrariwf
03-17-2011, 07:29 AM
I would TT a G with whoever could deliver 1000hp with the best reliability. I don't care who makes the most powerful one.

POWERHOUR
03-17-2011, 08:41 PM
1970ish if I remember correctly..

Memphis
03-18-2011, 07:34 AM
UGR
Heffner
DLM
Boost Logic
Titan
MHP?

I think LMR may be working on a kit too.

TechArt Dreamer
03-18-2011, 07:49 AM
It's definitely come a long way. I remember being at Crystal Cove when I think at that time, the first TT G showed up. If my memory serves me right, Balboni was there too, and took it for a spin. And now here we are, TT G's, SV's, Diablo's, LP's. Unreal.

-Markus-

pip
03-18-2011, 12:33 PM
no

UpSideDownDesi
03-18-2011, 11:59 PM
1970ish if I remember correctly..

Now that's some WHP to be putting around on streets with, well "winning" the streets with.

POWERHOUR
03-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Now that's some WHP to be putting around on streets with, well "winning" the streets with.

Ray Hoffman's TT Ford GT put down 2200ish before he made the 267 pass at the Miami Mile last year.

Veloce
03-20-2011, 04:32 PM

Don't worry, it's not on the streets anymore lol. After watching the crash, I'm more impressed at the safety of that TTG than the power. That driver (Richard Holt, member??) is one lucky SOB.

UpSideDownDesi
03-21-2011, 04:57 AM
Ray Hoffman's TT Ford GT put down 2200ish before he made the 267 pass at the Miami Mile last year.

I'd like to see that 0-267 time.

Don't worry, it's not on the streets anymore lol. After watching the crash, I'm more impressed at the safety of that TTG than the power. That driver (Richard Holt, member??) is one lucky SOB.
Oh I saw the video, i wonder what happened to the remains of the that car? Agreed, he had a angel looking over him that day.

Top Gun Customz
03-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Who's the record holder for highest hp TTG?

UGR owns EVERY record for the TTG (highest hp, quickest ET, highest trap speed, both at the 1/4 and at mile events, 60-130 record, etc, etc). Not sure how many Lambos others have done, but I'd say it's safe to say UGR has taken over the TTG world w/ their specific systems. They are pushing way more thru their shop than anyone. It says a lot when Ray now has a UGR TTG, Tim now has a UGR TTG, and the owner of another "brand", now has a UGR TTG. All of these were previously involved w/ other tuners. The owners of these UGR TTG's, including myself, beat on them and they keep coming back for more. The realibility question of the UGR TTG that was raised in the beginning has long been answered now.

Kyle

UpSideDownDesi
03-23-2011, 05:42 AM
Oh I am sure UGR is on top of the Pyramid. There are couple of local UGR TT's here in Atlanta (well the ones that come out coffee & cars). Johns LP560-4 TT conv. puts down 1500whp+ on race. He seems to drive it quite often and very satisfied with it. Hopefully they'll be out at my next event and stretch their legs among TT C6 Z06 and 1500whp Supras. Very impressed by UGR's work.

SoCal Matt
03-23-2011, 06:02 AM
Well, in reading this post, I am seeing a lot of opinions regarding turbo kits and whose is better for cars that the people commenting can't even afford the kit for, let alone the actual car. Myself personally...I can't afford either. Just a struggling realtor trying to get by in an F'd up economy. But before I was where I am, I spent many years in the automotive performance industry and actually know many of the owners of these companies personally. And what I can say is that some of the company's mentioned in this thread, maybe because they're not sponsors of the forum, are taking a lot of undeserved shit from people. In their defense, they are very good shops who have been modifying all kinds of import cars for MANY years. And if nothing else, have an extreme passion for the industry and what they do. If I had a Gallardo right now, I know exactly who I would take it to for some added boost. Why? Not because I think the other companies offering the same service are crap or make sub-par products. It's because I have a relationship with them that goes years back and I trust them, with WHATEVER car of mine they would work on. And I think at the end of the day that is what people should be more concerned with. The product under their hood and not the sticker from some more popular shop on the side of their car.

Just my opinion, but hey...like assholes we've all got one, right?!

NITEMARET/A
03-23-2011, 10:44 PM
Agreed....I didnt mean this thread to knock any company in anyway. I love UGR's work and what they have done with gallardos therefore they would be my choice. In no way do I take anything away from other companies. Hell if I had a supra Titan would be one of my first considerations.

In the end every one of these companies seem to do good work, however as Topguncustomz mentioned there are many people that DO own these cars that have owned cars from multiple tuners, sponsor here or not, and now every one of them is in a UGR car and satisfied. I am right there with you on not being able to afford something like these amazing machines so I hope noone takes my personal opinions as advice or first hand expierence expierence....as they are not.

Either way continue discussion!....and as said before post up any TTG's you got.....no matter what the company