Luxury4Play.com banner

Gintani tuned X5 //M

6K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  sandmobdesign 
#1 ·
Hey guys my friend and I just got back from having Gintani tune his X5 //M Afaik This is the first tuned X5 M in the US. We had a limited time to spend but we're happy with the results from the first session tuning it. Gintani will be doing alot of future goodies soon so this is just the begining but for anyone looking to have their X5 M tune I'd recommend giving them a call anyway here is a vid and dyno sheet of the before and after runs.

Its a BONE STOCK X5 //M with just a flash.

I know some people will look at the numbers and say it looks low and thats because this is very conservative Dyno Dynamics machine so we're just using this for the relative gains not numbers. Temp was about 65 degrees during the session according to the dyno weather station.

47whp gain and 36wtq not bad for a mild tune at all imo. Cant wait to get the Dowpipes , Full exhaust and some upgraded cooling this thing is gonna be silly for sure :laugh:

See less See more
1 1
#5 ·
HOLY CRAP!!!!

Monsterous is a better word!

Wow...

Ed Lin

#16 ·
Intresting. Am I the first one to notice this?? BMW claims the car makes 550 the crank but when dynoed only 380ish to the wheels?? WTF

Shouldn't it make at least 480ish to the wheels stock, given an "average" drive train loss....

#17 ·
Dyno Dynamics dynos read lower then most. Its just the nature of it. All that matters is the gain. Besides its a AWD car so it has more less then a RWD BMW would. Like I said you can slap this thing on any dyno you want it will spit out different numbers on each different type. None are going to be as accurate as an engine dyno anyway. Heres an example I ran my full bolt on car on this same dyno and got 380whp. I then went to a Dynapack and it read 405whp with no changes whatsoever. Another example My buddies Gintani Supercharged E90 M3 with 5psi ran 460whp on this dyno. After it was done they unstrapped it and took it across the street where it was ran on a Dynojet it made 515whp again with no configuration changes and on the same day. I'm not saying this dyno or that dyno are more accurate but that no matter what all that matters is how much gain you make the same day without unstrapping the car from the machine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.