Luxury4Play.com banner

Peer2Peer Lending

710 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Bigd41190 
#1 ·
Has anyone tested the waters with peer to peer lending? I've read good reviews on lending club and they seem to be providing a good service, their returns are also good for a savings vehicle. I'm not looking to earn a living off of this but instead of parking money in a typical savings account earning .75% why not put some on this lending platform. I also read on forbes that some instituions are beginning to invest in these accounts. Would be great if anyone has any feedback

#2 ·
I joined earlier this month and threw a couple hundred in there to see where it goes. First payment is due 3/4 for a whopping 0.83 cents. That's one note at $25 over a 36 month term. I'm curious to see how many folks payback the loans vs. default on them. I probably won't get too heavy into it until I see some returns / payments.

#3 ·
So about a 3% return in a little over a month on your $25 note or am I misinterpreting this? 3% is not bad for a savings vehicle like this, but like you I'm curious about the volatility of the returns and the default risk. I think I will experiment also with a few hundred.

Quick question so since you only have this $25 note is your other $175 on hold for other notes?

#4 ·
Right, that was just one note. I have several others. Trying out different "reasons", rates, and terms to see which is more consistent in the long run. That one in particular is a 36-month term with a monthly payment of $0.83.

We'll see what happens. I'll post back when payments are due / made.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.